12.28.2009

Wesley

 It's so very rare that I post about Wesley. A while back he made up a rule that I wasn't allowed to talk about him on here without his permission. I respect that and luckily he's allowed me to write this post :}

He received his first report card that uses letter grades instead of the S, I, NI, etc. He received straight A's and was given several awards at his ceremony last week. High Honors, Highest Achievement in Science, and Highest Achievement in Math. I was SOOOO proud of him!! Of course it took a lot of HARD work for him and also for us as parents. We can check his grades on line so I would check every Wednesday night so if any assignments were missing then he had time to find or redo them. Wesley can be pretty absent minded sometimes and would just "space" out as the teachers described it, lol!

Wesley has been keeping us so busy this year. He is still in karate and will be promoted to his 2nd green belt in a few weeks. Along with karate he's also taking a Kobudo class. Right now they are learning the Bo. He also played soccer and has now moved onto basketball. I believe that it's become his favorite of all school sports he's played. At the end of September he also asked to join Boy Scouts. I *almost* said no, but I just couldn't. So....that's been going well and hasn't been all that time consuming. Wesley really enjoys it and his den leader is great!! I was worried that it would be a little "redneck", but it's not at all! He does a lot of fun activities with the boys. God Bless that Man for dealing with all those hyper crazy boys!
Such a good boy scout

Something he's been looking forward to the past several years is being able to learn a musical instrument at school. Now that Wesley's in 4th grade he chose the snare drum. {Once he's in higher grades the whole drum set becomes and option} A few weeks ago his school had their Holiday Concert. I didn't get any photos of him playing his instrument, but I did snap one of him singing with his classmates. The percussion folks are planted right in the back so it was pretty much impossible to snap any photos:{ He did a great job playing "Hot Cross Buns". HEE! I do have some video that I'll post eventually. The best part which you can't see in the photo is that Wesley is wearing his AC/DC converse high tops...LOL! He looks so handsome...huh? So many people are starting to mistake Wesley for a girl, but he really doesn't care. He just laughs it off.

singing

7 people showing me love:

Texasholly December 29, 2009 12:42 AM  

It is so weird to think about having a kid old enough to have an opinion of what you write on your blog. I can totally picture Ellie forbidding me to write about her in a few years!
BTW, I love Wesley's hair.

Donna December 29, 2009 11:27 AM  

What a sweet post about your boy! Growing up so fast!

And I agree his hair looks good, and if he likes it good for him!!

Mama Skates December 29, 2009 2:39 PM  

yes, very handsome - & he looks so much like u! i love the hair Wesley! & way to go with the grades & all ur other accomplishments this year...what a great kid!!!

SJINCO December 31, 2009 10:16 PM  

Aww Wendy! Wesley's a great kid, you and Michael have a lot to be proud of! You've done a great job!

Nonnie January 01, 2010 1:09 AM  

Wesley sounds like an awesome kid! Congrats to him on his many accomplishments!

FlipFlop Mom January 01, 2010 7:09 PM  

WOO HOO... GOOD JOB WESLEY!!!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!

Jennography January 05, 2010 11:33 PM  

Yes, my two are at that teenage/age where they do not want me blogging about them. lol

Great job Wesley!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP