8.23.2009

Colorado....Mt. Evans

One day we drove up Mt. Evans in our teeny tiny rental. Going up the side of a mountain in the middle of the Rockies was sooooo terrifying and sooooo beautiful at the same time. I am not too fond of heights and you know, looking over the side of 14,000 foot mountains. My photos came out nice, but there was no way to capture the beauty on my camera. I wish I could just bring you all to the top with me just for a few moments!!

Here are the kids at the top.

We made it!

Us low landers had to get used to the high altitude. The air was very thin and we all had to take it slow. Wesley did end up suffering from altitude sickness towards the end of our time at the top. He became sick to his stomach and his head started to hurt. I felt so bad for him:( I made sure to get lots of photos before heading back down the mountain.

The summit of Mt. Evans



at the top

playing in snow

amazing

On the way up we stopped at 'Summit Pond'. Wesley was amazed that there was still ice on it, lol! Brrrr!!

iceySummit pond with Daddy


snowy

Mountain Goat

4 people showing me love:

Mama Skates August 24, 2009 11:48 AM  

the mountain goat cracks me up! can't believe u actually ran in2 one!!!

Erin August 25, 2009 2:05 AM  

Beautiful pictures! I know what you mean about being afraid of heights. I had big issues driving through the mountains...the scenery was so beautiful but at the same time my fear of heights was getting the best of me!

SJINCO August 30, 2009 1:45 PM  

Love the photo of the mountain goat (okay, okay - love *all* the photos!)!

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed Mt. Evans and I'm so glad you guys ran into some of Colorado's awesome wildlife. That is ONE of the MANY reasons why I love this state!

Unknown September 06, 2009 11:54 PM  

Hi!!! I wandered over from Alfred's Mom's blog, and I love your Colorado pictures!! My husband and I have lived in Denver for over 6 years but have never driven up Mt Evans. Guess we will have to do that soon! Looks like you had a wonderful CO trip! Isn't it a great place? I feel so blessed every day to live here!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP