7.31.2009

Knocking one off the list....hopefully!

It's almost August which means it is time to retest Lani's food allergies! We went in last week to get her blood drawn. It was a RAST test for beef and dairy. I was concerned because egg wasn't on the list so I called the doctor this morning. Lani's allergist said that last years test was so low that she's no longer concerned with the egg allergy. We now have to do a live egg test on Lani. I know she wont eat plain old eggs since she's so dang picky so I am going to make some french toast which was a big no no before. I am super nervous, but will have benadryl and her epi pen close by. UGH!!

We have an appointment scheduled in a few weeks to dicuss the RAST test results. Depending on the numbers and how they compare to last years test we may have to do another skin test. I am really hoping we don't have to take that route.

I definitely do not have any hope that her beef allergy has improved. Lately she's been getting contact hives from beef products. The worst was the other day when I was cooking beef for Shepherds pie she broke out in hives just from it being in the air. That has NEVER happened so we not only have a beef free grill, but we also are a beef free house. I guess it's okay since turkey is better for us anyway:)

I have no idea what the dairy results will show since we do not give her any dairy at all. There have been no contact hives from us having dairy products so we shall see. The worst reaction she's had all year was when we were at a Pizza Hut in Colorado. She had her cheeseless pizza, so we really have no idea where the hives came from. They went away quickly with a dose of Benadryl. Thank goodness for that red gold:)

So, I'll keep you all updated and I promise to get another Colorado post up this weekend!

5 people showing me love:

Jesser July 31, 2009 10:32 AM  

That is such a bummer about her allergies! Poor kiddo. I went through a lot of that as a kid (never food, but tons of environmental stuff, which is really hard to anticipate) and I still have a few, but they're largely improved. Hope you hear good news.

SJINCO July 31, 2009 2:22 PM  

Allergies are tough! Especially food allergies. I really hope that you get all the items she's allergic to nailed down, I've gone into anaphylactic shock before and it's NO FUN and scary as hell for all parties involved.

Good luck!

Mama Skates July 31, 2009 2:42 PM  

poor thing! i hope she's able 2 have the eggs now - 1 less thing u have 2 worry about/keep from her!

Jessica August 03, 2009 11:03 PM  

The beef allergies are unbelievable, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having an allergy to that before! I hope the eggs are okay, now. I'm sure it'd be a relief to have one less thing to worry about!

Michelle D August 07, 2009 3:36 PM  

any news yet?

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP