5.13.2009

Rock n' Race

One of my very best blogging friends was diagnosed of Hodgkins Lymphoma back in December of 2008. Michael, Wesley, Lani and I are walking in a 5K race in honor of my Sharon Skates.
She is a wife of Curtis and Mother to Jaden, Gabby, and Corinn. Right after Christmas Sharon rang in the New Year by starting chemotherapy to begin her fight against her cancer! Through out her treatments she continued to work full time, shuffle the kids around to their after school activities, run her cake decorating business and take care of their home. Sharon has had the most upbeat and positive attitude throughout her treatments.
Right now Sharon is almost finished her radiation, will have a few more scans, and hopefully will be cancer free!!

Sharon lives in Virginia, but visits her cancer center almost daily! Here in Concord we have the Payson Center for Cancer Care which is what your donations will help support. She knows more then anyone of us how important it is to have the center near by. Especially one that makes you and your family feel comfortable and safe during one of the hardest times in your life!

If you would like to make a donation please visit my page here: http://giveto.concordhospital.org/netcommunity/wesnlani

3 people showing me love:

La Familia Garcia May 14, 2009 2:21 PM  

Wendy, What a great post in dedication to a great gal!

Shanna Grimes May 14, 2009 8:03 PM  

How sweet RU!

Mama Skates May 15, 2009 10:53 AM  

Thank you so much for honoring me Wendy! You're the BEST!!!
And you're right - my local cancer center & the wonderful nurses, doctors & techs that work there have become near & dear to my heart. They have become like family to me! It made my treatment so much easier to know that I was not only receiving state-of-the art care, but that I was also being treated in a place that made me feel safe & comfortable.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP