4.21.2009

Easter: Part 3

You can find Part 1 here and Part 2 here!

Here are some random pictures from inside after the egg hunt and while the kiddos went through their baskets. I've been reading other Easter posts and feeling really shitty about what we put in their baskets. They each were given a small toy and some candy. We just didn't have the money with so many birthdays and I was in a bit of a financial panic with news that I was losing one of my child care kids. Now that I looks at these photos I realize that doesn't matter at all. Wesley and Lani loved their toys and are still playing with them daily. I haven't found them sitting on the bottom of the toy box or just shoved to the side of the playroom. It makes my heart happy to know that my children, Wesley especially, are not as materialistic as some children are raised to be. This doesn't mean I wont fill their baskets to the brim next year, but it's nice to know that I don't have to:)



Playing w. Wubzy

Chocolate face

Family photo!

4 people showing me love:

Candi April 21, 2009 12:06 PM  

Don't feel bad, like you said, the kids don't care or really know the difference! Love the family pic...we rarely get family pics :(
I love your new carpet on the post below. Looks like it will hold up real nice with the kids.

Monica April 21, 2009 1:55 PM  

Don't feel bad, we didn't do much for our kids either. They each got a few toys and some candy, that's it (their baskets were mainly stuffed with the fake grass). We didn't have the money to buy each one of them the gigantic baskets at the store. Half of that stuff they never play with or eat anyways. They were all fine with what they got :)

Mama Skates April 22, 2009 2:08 PM  

yeah, that's awesome that they rn't hung up on how much they get! i don't go crazy either - they already get plenty of candy from school/daycare etc...i do the 1 toy thing too, with just a little candy & the kiddos love it!

SJINCO April 27, 2009 3:55 PM  

Be glad that your kiddos appreciate what you do give to them, even if it isn't much. It's the thought that counts, right!?

Love Lani's scrunched up nose, and the family shot is wonderful! You look great!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP