3.09.2009

Our Weekend: Lot's of sickies edition

This weekend was very interesting! On Saturday I woke up feeling nasty, but I shook it off because one of my oldest friends was coming over and I didn't want to cancel on her. She also has a 2 year old daughter so we wanted the girls to play. Mostly Lani just yelled about sharing her toys, but it's all about the learning experience, right? LOL!! I felt okay, but as soon as she left I parked my butt on the couch and attempted to snooze. I started to feel a little better so when Michael got home from work we went into town to run some errands. Lani was miserable and crying about her left ear hurting. Poor sweetie:(

On Sunday Lani slept in and woke up in good spirits and didn't mention her ear all day. I still felt yucky though. It was the strangest sickness. Like I was on the verge of getting the flu, but it never came. We went to my nieces soccer game and the new expanded McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center in Concord. It was the first weekend opening of the new expanded site. It was really nice and we will definitely go back when it's less crowded. Admission was FREE this weekend so of course there was a huge crowd. My sickies started to come back so we flew out of there.

Once we got home I wanted to take a walk. The weather was just so nice! We made it about half way and had to turn around for a sick tummy emergency. I went in and finally gave in to the fact that I was really sick while Michael made a snowman with the kids. I was so sad that I couldn't be out there with Lani while she made her first snowman.

Finishing Touches



To end it all I attempted an early bedtime, but was sucked into a movie that Michael was watching. Soon after falling asleep Lani woke up crying. She was up whimpering and crying about her other ear for quite sometime. We gave her Motrin and just held her while she cried. Eventually she just passed out in bed with us. I was PRAYING for a snow day so I could sleep in and have no child care kiddos, but no such luck. The doctor will be called today and I may participate in naptime today, lol!

7 people showing me love:

Donna March 09, 2009 10:00 AM  

Awesome snowman!

Sorry to brag but we had a 60 something degree day and played outside on bikes and in flip flops...Im sending it your way!

Shanilie March 09, 2009 10:33 AM  

Sry for all the sickness! Not fun!

That is the most perfect looking snow man I have ever seen anyone make!! I love it!

Anonymous March 09, 2009 12:02 PM  

Ugh ~ so it was like a stomach virus? I hope that you're over it now and feeling great. I commend you for wanting to get out in the awesome weather ~ even though you weren't feeling good. Lots of sicknesses abound when the weather starts to change. We're having a rain/snow mix right now. It's like the weather can't figure out whether it's winter or spring! :)

Monica March 09, 2009 1:14 PM  

I hope you're feeling better! I'm hoping all the sickness is gone from my house for a while. All last week my kiddos were sick :( Now Lauren's teething...when will it end!!!

LOVE the snowman :) Everyone did a great job!

Shanna Grimes March 09, 2009 2:24 PM  

We had the same sickies. It was like the flu that never really came, but it totally wiped out our energy. Think we are finally rid of it, but it took like two weeks! Hope you all get over it faster than we did!!

Love the snow pics!

Mama Skates March 11, 2009 12:26 PM  

same here - weird sickie season this year!

i know i'm late - glad u're feeling better now!

LOVE that snowman!

SJINCO March 12, 2009 1:02 PM  

That's one awesome snowman!

So did you have a stomach virus, or? I'm sorry you were sick, I hope you are feeling better now.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP