2.20.2009

Playroom

This room used to be Wesley's bedroom, but now he shares with Lani upstairs. Our rooms are tiny...can you tell? The walls used to be white and hadn't been touched up for atleast 7 years. I didn't realize how nasty they were until we took all of Wesley's junk out of it. BLECH!! I took this shot when the kids were finishing up lunch and getting ready for rest. Athena, my oldest, says that mats are for babies and refuses to sleep on one.

Naptime

My Father in Law loves to paint. So, we bought the supplies and he came over and got to work. He painted the trim, door, closet door, and walls all in 3 days with out tape! This man is amazing!! I love it! I can't wait to find some neat artwork to put up on the walls. I was actually thinking of blowing up some fun pics of the kids and putting them in frames. Hmm.... The paint we used was called "planetarium". I can't remember the trim color we used, but it had "sand" in the name.

Playroom

We are going to be replacing the carpet soon. It's a light blue right now and has stains on it that I just can't get out. Blech! Not sure what color we are going with next! Hoping to bring home some samples from my neighbors carpet store. Any suggestions? I was thinking of going shag! My friend Michelle has it in her basement and I just love it:)

playroom 2

15 people showing me love:

Mama Skates February 20, 2009 1:53 PM  

i like shag too - so fun, especially 4 this room! the color is fab too - love it!

Mama Skates February 20, 2009 1:53 PM  

oh, & the idea of the pics of the kids on the walls - genius!!!

Donna February 20, 2009 4:29 PM  

turned out so nice!!

Magnolia Sun February 20, 2009 5:30 PM  

That looks very close to the color I painted my room - mine was called tropical ocean. It's amazing what paint can do to a room.

Magnolia Sun February 20, 2009 5:30 PM  

That looks very close to the color I painted my room - mine was called tropical ocean. It's amazing what paint can do to a room.

Texasholly February 20, 2009 5:37 PM  

I love that color! What a fun playroom!

Shannon February 20, 2009 11:11 PM  

love the paint color... who is it by?

Go for a sand color carpet... to help hide stains lol... and shag would be fun... and soft for the kids...

Monica February 20, 2009 11:18 PM  

very nice!!

Candi February 21, 2009 11:03 AM  

What a gorgeous color...looks really nice and perfect for a playroom. We have carpet in our family room, kind of like shag, that is beige with other browns/tans woven in and it is perfect for hiding any stains!

Mason and Terri's Mom February 21, 2009 9:17 PM  

I love how organized you are in there! I'm checking out all the compartments...love itttttt!

FlipFlop Mom February 22, 2009 9:59 AM  

I think it looks fabulous!!!!! as always!!

Shanilie February 23, 2009 12:53 PM  

Beautiful room. I just love the color blue!!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum February 23, 2009 3:19 PM  

I love that color.

La Familia Garcia February 24, 2009 1:40 PM  

Looks great! I love the color--it adds so much life!

SJINCO February 24, 2009 2:06 PM  

I love how vibrant that blue is, it turned out really, really nice! And I'm digging that light fixture in the first photo!

Shag carpet is awesome. I cannot wait to replace our carpeting in our house, it's old. And nasty.

BLECH is right!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP