12.14.2008

What is up!!

I am posting from my in laws since we are on day 4 with no power. New Hampshire was hit by an ice storm and our little town was affected again. We had to use a chain saw to cut trees that were drooping over our road so we could get out. No damage to our house, but one of our trees snapped in half. Good times:) We have been staying at our neighbors house because they have a propane heater. Friends have allowed us to use their showers. It's actually been okay since we've had heat. The kids have been good, but I am PRAYING that it comes back on tonight. Not likely though!! 


Hope to be back on line soon:) Miss you guys!!! 

15 people showing me love:

Mama Skates December 14, 2008 7:19 PM  

wow - that's a long time with no power! glad u're getting by with friends & family...and that the kiddos r being good - but that's gotta b really rough! hope u have power back on soon!

Donna December 14, 2008 7:24 PM  

Oh No.

Glad you are ok and the house too.

Melissa December 14, 2008 7:55 PM  

Glad to hear your ok!

Mrs. Stam December 14, 2008 8:21 PM  

I heard about teh outage this morning on our way to church! Glad your all doing fine and hope that the power goes up soon!

Monica December 14, 2008 9:28 PM  

I hope you get your power back real soon! I know how hard it is with kids and no TV! The day of the ice storm we lost power for about an hour and I guess we lost it today for a little bit while I was at work. The thing is we have no phone now and we don't have cell service at our house! We had to use our neighbors phone to call the phone company and they said they'd be out here on Tues. to fix it! I guess I'd rather have no phone than no electricity.

Shannon December 14, 2008 10:53 PM  

I'm so glad you guys are safe... I was wondering as the storm left us what it would do to you guys... I hope the power comes back soon...

Anonymous December 15, 2008 12:26 AM  

I heard about the storm....take care and stay warm!

Anonymous December 15, 2008 12:36 AM  

Oh no! Sorry to hear you've been w/out power for so long~that has got to be tough. Hopefully you'll have power again soon & can come home. That's awesome that you have friends that have stepped up & are helping you guys :) Take care!

Jesser December 15, 2008 9:36 AM  

Ooh sheesh! That's a looong time w/o power. Hope it comes back on soon.

Anonymous December 15, 2008 11:51 AM  

We just got power back about an hour ago. I hope you did as well. We have a generator, so we had heat and a light or two, but I was starting to go stir crazy.

Hang in there.

Jessica December 15, 2008 10:50 PM  

I was wondering about you when I saw this on the news! Glad you're doing okay!

Unknown December 16, 2008 1:12 AM  

Hey Wendy! I am sorry you're going through that! Just wanted you to know that you won the PakNak giveaway at my blog, Jolly Mom. Come by when you can and leave me your full name, address, and which 2 PakNaks you want so I can get the company to mail them out. : )
Hope you're ok and to hear from you soon!

SJINCO December 16, 2008 12:36 PM  

Oh you guys! I've been thinking about you all since I saw on the news/weather that you were suffering through an ice storm.

Sounds like you guys are hanging in there! Be safe and stay as warm as you can! I hope it's over soon....

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum December 16, 2008 9:28 PM  

Hope you get power soon. We didn't have any either, but we got it back on Saturday. The phone, tv & internet came back on today. It's horrible isn't it?

Emma in Canada December 17, 2008 1:25 PM  

Glad to hear you are well. If you ever get a chance you need to watch Bonnie Hunt comparing LA's coverage of their rain to the east coast's storms. I totally thought about you while I was watching that!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP