12.04.2008

Thanksgiving...finally!

Our Thanksgiving was rather uneventful. Michael's parents came over along with his Aunt and Uncle. It was my first Thanksgiving as hostess, so I was initially very stressed. But as the day neared and I had my many lists I felt much more organized. I also made sure to go shopping early so I wasn't fighting the last minute crowds or running into the possibility that something was out of stock.

I didn't take photos of any food. I honestly felt a little strange doing that with everyone here. Plus, it was so crowded and busy in my tiny kitchen that I didn't really think about it. Normally Jenna and Leah (my nieces) are in charge of the photos when I am too busy, but they spent Thanksgiving with their other Grammie. We missed them a lot!!

My brown eyed boy!!

The dinner went well except that I cooked my turkey upside down, and the potatoes came out sticky. That's because I boiled them the night before trying to be all prepared. Wont be doing that again:( My FIL didn't even eat them, LOL! Just left a big plop of them on his plate. I think everyone else just doused them with gravy ;)

My upside down turkey

I'm not sure if I'll ever host dinner here again. My house is just too small:( I'm not sure if anyone else cared, but I spent way too much time worrying what everyone was thinking about me, the house, and dinner!! Why can't these holidays be in the Summer when we can be outside? I LOVE having people over, but we do most of our larger gatherings in the warmer weather.

Be sure to scroll down for 2 giveaways! I still have (2) FREE Clorox 2 coupons to give away.

4 people showing me love:

Mama Skates December 04, 2008 2:51 PM  

i'm the same way - always worried that everyone else is comfortable & not feeling out of place...i worry too much about what others think!

ps. i see ur malibu on the counter - i'm sure that helped u get thru a tad ;0)

Jesser December 04, 2008 4:42 PM  

Awww... I'm sorry about the potatoes! Feel bad that I recommended that, but I'd done that before with success! Maybe it's our CO climate that is so dry that it doesn't happen. Were you mashing them? I had assumed so ... Congrats on making it through anyhow!

SJINCO December 06, 2008 12:38 AM  

Despite what you thought about hosting Thanksgiving at your house - I bet you were a fantastic host!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ December 12, 2008 10:17 PM  

OH! I see Malibu! I just got the Mango Rum one....yummers!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP