12.31.2008

Goodbye 2008 and Hello 2009!

I love reading these posts by my best blogger friends!! It's a lot of fun to look back on what everyone was doing. I"m going to post a few photos from every month as a reminder of what we were up to this year.

January

There was soooo much snow in NH this month. By the end of the winter we had a record breaking 122 inches of snow. We took a trip to the the aquarium in Boston. It was FRIGID, but we had a blast!! Michael and I also started taking Lani to open gym at a local gymnastics center.

My message to mother natureBoston Harborblowing

February

Wesley started to get a little stir crazy so we created a store that lasted for days. Lani also started the terrible 2's a few months early with some fabulous tantrums. I also received my new DSLR camera this month and annoyed my family by taking lots and lots of photos of them.

Wesley's store: "Junk to the Funk"Temper TantrumBrown Eyed Girl

March
In March we had the most snow ever since moving into our home. Our fence certainly did not last through all this weight. We did eventually start to thaw out and the kids loved playing in the mud puddles on our dirt road. We also celebrated Easter, but of course Lani was not in the photo. She was against family shots:)

So much snowPuddle time Family minus one

April
We finally were officially able to come out of hibernation. The weather warmed up and was beautiful. We ventured back to the parks and to our lake. We also celebrated Wesley's 8th birthday with friends and family!
Looking Upholding handssilly card


May
Wesley started to play baseball in May! It was so much fun and I already can't wait until next year. I celebrated Mother's Day with my kiddos and favorite sister and mother in law. We also went back to Odiorne State Park for Memorial Day. An annual tradition that included my Aunt this year.

HITHappy Mother's DayOh Daddy!!
June
My sister, Ashleigh, came out for a visit. Lani celebrated her 2nd birthday with Abby Cadabby, family, and friends. Michael and Wesley spent some quality father and son time together.

My siblingsThe Happy Birthday Songself portrait

July
We went on vacation to Illinois and St. Louis to visit my grandparents for two weeks. The day after we came back our neighborhood was destroyed by a tornado. My brothers house included! The month ended with the sweet early arrival of my niece Aubrey Quinn!
all of usawwwwwww!!!!!

August
We spent our last family vacation taking day trips around New Hampshire and spent one last day at the lake. I also was beginning to slowly learn my DSLR and used my beautiful nieces as models.

me and my kiddoscutiessisters

September
Fall has arrived and we went to pick pumpkins. Of course Lani wanted to pick something else. Michael celebrated his 36th birthday and our Sarah celebrated her 2nd birthday!

Classy!!Birthday BoyDora cake!

October
My niece Leah turned 10 years old. Wesley received his green belt in karate. Lastly the kids celebrated Halloween as Darth Vader and a Princess.

Birthday girlDaddy hugs and congratulations

November
Lani had her first dentist appointment. No cleaning, but she did allow them to "count" her teeth. Went to our 8th annual Thanksgiving parade with my nieces and nephews. It was freezing this year. I also cooked my first Thanksgiving turkey...upside down!

sadThe familyMy upside down turkey
December
Our town was once again hit by a natural disaster. An ice storm cracked many trees and power lines in our neighborhood. We were with out power for 5 days! I made Christmas sugar cookies with Lani and of course celebrated Christmas with my fabulous family!!

another viewbeing sillyfrom Wesley

10 people showing me love:

Unknown December 31, 2008 3:54 PM  

Love your post, and all your photos.

Love the "picking" one at the pumpkin patch - a classic!!!

SJINCO December 31, 2008 4:53 PM  

Love this post Wendy! What a nice re-cap of the last year. I wish you and your family a Happy and Prosperous 2009!

BS December 31, 2008 5:55 PM  

I remember reading about ALL of these things !! Happy New Year.

La Familia Garcia December 31, 2008 9:22 PM  

What a cute rundown of the year! Happy New Year!

Mama Skates December 31, 2008 9:25 PM  

love this idea! too cute!

Melissa December 31, 2008 10:04 PM  

What a great recap! Love the pic of Michael and Wesley hugging after his Green Belt! Have a wonderful New year!

Evan's Mom January 01, 2009 11:35 PM  

Nice post & great pictures. I just found your blog last month so it's a great recap for me to read. Btw happy new year :)

Chaos is my Life January 02, 2009 12:35 PM  

What a great way to do a post about the year....loved it!

Jesser January 04, 2009 12:41 PM  

Fun way to ring in the new year. Hope 2009 is great for you guys! :)

Anonymous January 10, 2009 10:02 AM  

What a terrific (and inspiring!) way to wrap up the year!! Love it!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP