12.30.2008

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve day and night with my Aunt Carol. We were both lucky to have the day off. I had planned on taking the kids to a children's museum, but they were all closed:( Instead we took my Aunt to experience Chuck E Cheeses for the first time. It wasn't busy so she really didn't get the full effect. It was a lot of fun though! Wesley is still soooo scared of Chuckster. He rarely comes out, but he did this time. Wesley hoofed it up into the tubes and when the mouse headed our way Wesley started sobbing. I felt horrible for him!! I had NO idea he was still that frightened. Poor kiddo:( Lani just kept saying "It's okay Wesley. He's a nice mouse". Awww!!

We headed back to hang out and wait for Michael to get home. We then had a nice spaghetti dinner and opened presents. My Aunt spoiled us all of course!! It started getting late so the kiddos went outside to sprinkle their reindeer food. It's an oatmeal snack and glitter to help them find their way.



We headed back in and Wesley wrote a note to Santa. He does this every year and sets it next to the cookies. The letter was thanking him for the presents and what the cookie flavors were. They also set a few carrots out on the deck for the reindeer as well. (Michael went out and made hoof prints in the snow with his hands)

Letter to SantaWesley writing to Santa

Here's our tree with all the goodies underneath. We wrap the Santa presents in Santa themed paper. Michael doesn't like that we wrap them, but what kid doesn't like unwrapping gifts? I have a feeling that Wesley's belief in Santa is waning. He noticed a lot of mistakes that Michael and I made in not covering our tracks and asked A LOT of questions!! Of course his friends at school are telling him there is no Santa as well. Michael and I really didn't say much to him since he's older and I don't want to lie. We'll just let him come to the realization in his own time.

Our tree w/ the presents underneath

Pay no attention to the picture setting on the sconce!! I placed it there to help Michael remember to hang it up. Guess what? It's still there!!

8 people showing me love:

Monica December 30, 2008 9:01 AM  

That's very cute! I love how the kids wrote Santa a thank you letter. How old is Wesley? My son Alex, who's 7 still believes in Santa. I'm sure some kid at school or his older brother will ruin it one of these days :( Have fun with it while you can!!!

Jesser December 30, 2008 9:45 AM  

Looks like a lovely Christmas!! My mom always told us that Santa would only bring us presents as long as we believed in him. We "believed" for a long time ... hehe. ;) Love the photo of them writing the letter. Very very cute!! Merry Christmas and (I suppose more appropriately) Happy New Year!

Mrs. Stam December 30, 2008 10:20 AM  

reindeer food!!!! that the first time I've hear of it !!!! neat idea!

Hope you had a nice time and wishing you a happy new year!!!!

Ps in my next post I'll blog about the sling that I bought from ya! Would you mind if I link your blog ?

Mama Skates December 30, 2008 10:22 AM  

we forgot to sprinkle our reindeer food - but they still found our house ;0) i love ur tree & we do the santa paper too! i'm dreading the day that our kiddos stop believing - but hey, at least then santa won't get all the credit for the really cool/wanted toys! ;0)

Peggy December 30, 2008 2:10 PM  

I'm so jealous of your snow. We were 80 degrees on Christmas day. BOO!

Unknown December 30, 2008 4:47 PM  

Lovely christmas pics.

We do magic reindeer food here too, and Santa gets a glass of port, a mince pie and a Malteser Crunch (which we had just made that day).

Carrots for the reindeer too of course.

Happy New Year from Northern Ireland.

Melissa December 30, 2008 9:51 PM  

Your tree is so pretty!! We did reindeer food too, the kids had a blast sprinkling it around. And we dont wrap santa presents in our house. Santa leaves his right out in the open. Glad you guys had a good holiday.

AM December 31, 2008 7:33 AM  

You have some great holiday traditions!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP