11.12.2008

What he said!

I have heard many different opinions about Prop 8. It saddened me deeply to know that so many people in California are no longer considered married. I saw this video on another blog and wasn't even going to listen. I'm glad I finally did because he says what my incoherent brain wishes it could. I am not good at getting my feelings across on here so I rarely write of anything too controversial or important to me. No need to quote scripture to me because I don't believe it. No need to throw hateful words at me because they will be deleted. I don't mind you disagreeing, but be kind about it.

I do not know too many gays personally, but those I do know deserve every amount of happiness as Michael and I have. Give the video a listen and let me know what you think!

13 people showing me love:

BS November 12, 2008 9:58 PM  

WOW that was pretty powerful - but I agree with him. Love between two people is what counts.

Candi November 12, 2008 10:17 PM  

I don't understand people anymore. I just don't get why people have to butt into other people's business. Too many people take the Bible out of text and turn it around to be interpreted with whatever point they are trying to make. I am Catholic, yet I don't believe in all the ways of the church. I don't care if girls want to marry girls or if boys want to marry boys. How does that affect my life? Just like stem cell research, I know I am supposed to be against it, but I am not. I don't 100% oppose abortion either... crap, I should have never became Catholic. Shh, don't tell my husband, lol.

Bottom line, it is wrong that other people think GOD put them on this earth to control every one's lives.

Jenn November 13, 2008 12:57 AM  

I am sharing, since you asked...and you don't mind me disagreeing... ;)

After reading this, if you feel I was unkind in how I shared, I did not intend to be unkind...only voicing my thoughts about this. It is nothing personal or hateful toward you or anyone else. :)

This is my personal belief: I do believe the Bible to be truth. I'll do my best not to throw scripture. It is difficult, because I too am just as passionate.

Personally, I don't think God put us on this earth to condemn one another, but to lift one another up in Christ like love. This is the kind of love that we can read about in the Bible, but never "fully" comprehend here on earth. Also, to correct "in love"...not in angry hate.

I've got friends who choose this lifestyle, and whereas I do not agree with it, I still love them. The Bible says to "love the person, but hate the sin" I know this is a scripture... (not to throw at you)...Just saying... try to live my life this way. I fall short so often tho.

God's word is truth, whether we choose to believe it or not...one day we will all come to that place (or crossroad) in our lives where Jesus will be our only hope.

What saddens me...this man is quoting scripture from the Bible "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"...which I totally agree with! But he is leaving out supporting all the other parts of the Bible that totally speak about what a marriage is meant to be...also other parts of the Bible that warns against same sex relationships...

If we believe only parts to suit us, we water down God's word. We must believe all of it, or none of it. If he is quoting part of it, why is he not believing all of God's principles? Only wondering...

Our country was founded on biblical principles of God/christianity, and that marriage is a covenant between a man and a woman. We may change, but God never changes.

Honestly, I have a tender heart toward gays and lesbians...I realize some who choose this lifestyle (not all) have been severely abused in their lifetime...I would dare to say a vast majority of them are walking wounded hearts (as many heterosexuals are too). The few homosexuals I know...they had been severely abused by the opposite sex... So I do see how a woman would turn to a woman instead to feel safe and vice versa. I do have compassion toward the wounded-ness.

God does give us a better way, and a road to healing and happiness in Him...where we can find joy and contentment in Christ being our all. He has our best interest at heart.

Emma in Canada November 13, 2008 2:54 AM  

Wendy, I hope you don't mind if I steal this!

I think he is totally right in what he says.

And to Jenn, I have to say I respect your beliefs. But...I cannot agree with the statement "choose this lifestyle" in regards to homosexuality. Who would choose to be gay? Who would choose to be discriminated against? Sexuality is genetic, like being a redhead or lefthanded, both things that were discriminated against in the past.

Anonymous November 13, 2008 7:24 AM  

Amen.

Jenn November 13, 2008 7:50 AM  

Hi Emma, I'm not interested in turning Wendy's blog into a religious debate, and I'm sure you aren't either. =)

If you would like to read my thoughts on the matter, I posted this awhile back, and it touches on my thoughts of what you are questioning here about genetics.

http://flowersfadetruthremains.blogspot.com/2008/09/will-we-exchange-truth-for-lie-life-for.html

Thank you for respecting my beliefs. Is it cold up there in Canada? =)

Jesser November 13, 2008 9:51 AM  

Of course I can't see the video at work, but I was sad to see this and the two other Gay Marriage Bans pass ... *sigh.*

Anonymous November 13, 2008 10:34 AM  

In Holland we have 2 ways of marriage; one via Church - one via Government. If you only do the Church one; you are NOT married... As the only legal way to marry is via the Government. With that said; overhere marriage has nothing to do with the Church.
I have no idea how it works in the USA.

Furthermore; I do think that the rules of the Church should NEVER influence a law. AND everybody is equal. So; everybody should be able to marry - without any kind of permission of any Church.

At the moment a state/country is forbidding a gay marriage - they discriminate....... and that is forbidden !!!

Wendy November 13, 2008 12:18 PM  

bs~ Exactly!! Why does anyone else care?

Jenn~I am fine with what you wrote. I don't necessarily agree, but I like that you just say what you believe and not attack what others do. I do not agree when the church comes into all marriages. If you are Catholic or Christian then of course it should be a part of your marriage and ceremony. For those who are not, we should have every right to leave it out without discrimination.

JessYou should def. watch it when you are home!!

Sjeltur~First, thanks for stopping by and commenting all the way from Holland:) In America you need a license from the government to be married officially. The actual ceremony can be in a church or in your back yard as long as you have that piece of paper and someone to marry you (an official person such as a minister or what we call Justice of the Peace). I also agree that church should never influence a law, but when those Christians are voting for it certainly does.

Candi~ So true! Just let people be happy! Who cares if homosexuals want to get married. UGH!! Seriously what effect is it going to have on these peoples lives.

Emma~Feel free!!!

Preston November 13, 2008 12:49 PM  

It's a sad day when we legislate away a certain group of people's rights. I believe in the separation of church and state. If we start legislating religious beliefs, whose do we choose? Catholics? Baptists? Muslims? Born Agains? Jews? Mormans?

Emma in Canada November 13, 2008 1:47 PM  

Jenn, thanks for the link! I will be sure to take a peek. And no, not too cold yet!

Jenn November 13, 2008 3:09 PM  

You're welcome. =) And it was COLD here in NC...well for us, Brrrrr! Didn't want to get out of bed this morning!

I know it is nothing like you Canadians are used to though. :))

SJINCO November 13, 2008 3:54 PM  

I could have written this very same post Wendy! You and I are on the same page when it comes to Prop8. I know several people who are totally affected by this, who are deeply hurt by this and I feel for them. Like my sister BS said it's the LOVE between two people that counts. Oh, and by the way, I forwarded this video link onto my gay friends. I'm sure they all could use the 'support'.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP