10.08.2008

Potty Training

We have ventured into the scary world of potty training. For the past several mornings Lani has woken up dry. Today I decided to put her in "big girl undies" and see what she could do. I wasn't super strict because I didn't want to stress her too much on the first day. She never went in the potty, but she was good about sitting. Of course, the chocolate chip treat helped. (They were the dairy free ones from Walmart) There was a total of 3 accidents and a soaking wet diaper after nap. Lani HATED when she peed and would cry and scream that she was peeing. This is good, right?

Tomorrow we will set the timer for every 30 minutes and go from there. Lani is good about sitting, but I can tell that she is a little nervous about the actual "going" part. All I need is her to go ONCE just to show her how COOL it is:) We read A LOT of books, watch A LOT of Barney's Halloween, and sing A LOT of songs!!

I am not sure if this is the time, but we will give it a shot just in case. I have potty trained many many kids in my child care career. It's soooo much harder when you are training your own child.

OH, I am ANTI pull ups. To me they are a glorified, fancy diaper. A HUGE waste of money!!

12 people showing me love:

AM October 08, 2008 11:05 PM  

Huggies overnight Pull Ups are cheaper per diaper than Huggies overnight diapers, so that's why we buy them. We dont actually use them as a pull up.

Deb October 09, 2008 12:22 AM  

I've been working on it a bit with Becca too - although in her case, she 'goes' on the potty just fine. She just doesn't seem to get the point that she should go ONLY on the potty. And none of the books or videos I can find deal with that issue. Sigh. They'll get there eventually, I guess! :)

Good luck!

Donna October 09, 2008 8:43 AM  

Anti Pull ups here too!!! (for potty training).
I use them for E at bed cuz I am lazy and am sick of putting diapers on him. But there is nothing I can do to stop him from peeing at night, he will have to grow out of it.

Shannon October 09, 2008 9:18 AM  

Lorelei does the same thing cries when she wets herself... but I think most of it is shock hehehe...

But if you got any tips please pass them on... we aren't making any progress here and I'm not being crazy about it either...

Jessica October 09, 2008 9:28 AM  

Ah! This has been weighing on me - I feel like I need to start training Addison but I barely have the energy! She keeps telling me when she goes but hasn't gone in her potty in over a month.

jenny October 09, 2008 11:26 AM  

great post! we've started with tucker, but are not crazy about it. he did go once on the potty, but not again since. i might have to email you for some more pointers about how you've done it in the past (or how about i send you my kid for a bit?) - haha!

Mama Skates October 09, 2008 11:35 AM  

go Lani go! i hate pull-ups too - and they're sooo expensive! those weird diapers u posted the other day cracked me up - yuck!

Chastity October 10, 2008 9:31 AM  

I hope you have better luck with this than we have. Lila has been peeing in the potty since before she was two...and she's now two and a half and still not fully potty trained. I'm not stressing about it though.

What I focused on most in this post is the dairy free chocolate chips! I must check these out! I am dying for some chocolate chip cookies. Hopefully they don't have soy in them.

Becca October 10, 2008 1:00 PM  

We really just ventured in this on Sunday, totally at Ava's lead. I hate pull ups too, but she refuses to wear big girl panties. So I'm hoping that after a few days in pull ups she will understand that panties aren't that bad. It took her a while to feel comfortable sitting and going, but now if you ask her if she has to go, she sits, pees, and likes to clean it up herself. I do know that we still have a long way to go! Good luck with it and let us know if you come up with any creative tips!

Amy W October 10, 2008 1:43 PM  

I will definitely say that most of Audrey's accidents happened when I wasn't keep track of how long it had been since she last peed and reminding her about going. Good luck!!

Anonymous October 12, 2008 9:40 PM  

Go, Lani! That's great. I am convinced Jenna is going to start Kindergarten in diapers. Will NOT go in the potty. We have spent lots of time with her sitting on it, but she has rarely gone.

SJINCO October 13, 2008 6:34 PM  

Good luck on the potty-training! I bet she'll catch on in no time flat! Just keep on her (but not in a nagging type of way) and make it fun!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP