9.02.2008

We had an awful weekend with Lani's allergies:( She had TWO birthday parties. One was planned so I had a dairy free piece of cake for her. We went to a vegan bakery so I didn't have to worry about making a whole cake. On Sunday we got a last minute invite to our neighbors for their daughters birthday. CRAP!! I had to run out and get a cake mix so I could whip up a dairy free cake for her. If Lani was younger or hated cake I wouldn't worry about it, but she LOVES cake. She would be soooo sad if we didn't let her have any.

Looking so grown up

Along with the parties we had a few BBQ's. I feel like they are getting annoyed because she can't have anything they made. Maybe they are not, but I am just sensitive about the whole thing. I know how hard it can be to prepare her food which is why I always bring along plenty of meals and snacks when ever we go out. On Friday at the lake house I heard the Dad offer everyone ice cream pops. I was hoping that Lani didn't hear, but she did!! Thank goodness I was able to entice her with some Oreo's I brought for situations just like that.

The last allergy upset was worse then all of the above:( She was eating bologna slices for lunch and all of a sudden her chin was red, swollen, and covered in hives. I had NO idea what was causing it because the bologna was not beef. Then I remembered that I had not specified to the deli guy that I needed the beef free bologna! UGH!! I went to the grocery store and the one he gave us had BEEF in big letters right on the list. Thank goodness her reaction wasn't worse. I felt horrible. It definitely made Michael and I realize how diligent we have to be with Lani and her allergies.

5 people showing me love:

suzspeaks September 02, 2008 11:43 PM  

You're such a good mommy!!

Despite her allergies, she is gorgeous...great picture!

Jessica September 03, 2008 9:15 AM  

Oh my goodness, I just couldn't imagine! Good job for always being prepared for your girl, even in last minute situations!

Amy W September 03, 2008 1:24 PM  

Allergies just suck.

But an absolutely adorable pic!

Andrea September 03, 2008 3:32 PM  

Awww...that is rough! I know how hard it is too since I used to be allergic to milk and all sorts of stuff...I did grow out of it eventually though...so lets cross our fingers and hope that one day Lani grows out of more of her allergies yet too!!

FlipFlop Mom September 04, 2008 7:02 PM  

Oh Poor baby girl... I would never be angry with you because of special food.. it would give me more reason to bake!! tee hee!!
Is this something she might grow out of by any chance??

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP