8.04.2008

Bike Riding

I found a great deal on a bike for Wesley. It was on Craigslist for only $10...my kind of deal!!! The bike was barely used and in great condition. The family is moving and wanted to clean out their basement.

Ready set go

You may be surprised to know that at the age of 8 Wesley can not ride a bike. He really has shown no interest and we know that with Wesley it is best not to rush him into things. That would only make things worse in the long run. One day he was over at his cousins and Joshie, who is only 4, was riding around on a tiny two wheeler. I looked at Wesley and asked if he wanted to learn now. Of course he said yes and I began my search for a cheap bike. I knew that he would grow so fast and I didn't want to buy a brand new one only to replace it again next Summer.

HAPPY!

Michael held onto Wesley while he rode up and down the road. He only had one little accident in his "private area" as Wesley calls it:) It took some pictures and videos then let the boys be so Wesley could concentrate. Michael was able to let go a few times then chase after Wesley. Thank goodness there were no major accidents because we may not have been able to get him back on. Our next purchase will be a helmet. Not only do I insist that he wear one but there is a helmet law in New Hampshire.
Bike riding lesson

I have a feeling that within a few days Wesley will be cruising the neighborhood on his bike:) Thank goodness we live on a dead end street without much traffic.

15 people showing me love:

Unknown August 04, 2008 10:23 PM  

My daughter is twelve and has no desire to learn how to ride. She can drive a scooter though!

Mrs. Stam August 05, 2008 8:54 AM  

He look like he's enjoying himself!

"J" August 05, 2008 10:55 AM  

It's been forever since I've been over....
I was in a blog slump and I picked back up a last week!!! =) So I'm back!

Great deal on the bike!!!! =) I bet he loves loves loves it!!!!!

Mama Skates August 05, 2008 11:45 AM  

go wesley! once he gets it, he'll b hooked! :0)

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ August 05, 2008 1:29 PM  

Yeah! Great find. Kids learn new tinga at all different ages. Tori had no disire to learn to ride a bike eithr until she was 7....then here was Little Whitney riding around on a 2 wheeler at age 5 (on Mothers Day she did it on her own for the first time..lol)
just like walking...tori was 15 months and Whitney was 9 months...( yes 9 month old walking around like a pro! GAH)
I know Wesley will take off on his own in no time!

Jenn August 05, 2008 5:13 PM  

My daughter Jordan is just 11 and only learned last year to ride. We would try and try and she would get frustrated so quickly. So we did not push it. She learned in her own time.

My son on the other hand...he was riding a two wheel bike at like age 4!

Each child is different. : )

jae August 05, 2008 6:44 PM  

How cool! And how great is Craigs List? I got a bike from someone on there and must say it's been such a great bike. Even better than the new one my mom bought! Your son will have so much fun! His little piece of independence. ~j

Becca August 05, 2008 7:45 PM  

Yay for Wesley!! It does look like he's enjoying it, and like you said he will be cruising the neighborhood in no time!

Kim August 06, 2008 12:16 AM  

Go Wesley! My son just loves his bike and it's hard for us to keep him off of his. He'll love it!

Chastity August 06, 2008 11:41 AM  

That's terrific!

I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 7 and that was only b/c I won a two wheeler in a contest at school. He's going to have so much fun now though...boys always seem to love bike riding.

Jesser August 06, 2008 5:23 PM  

Aww ... looks like he's having a great time! I still love riding my bike, though I don't often do it. There's too much traffic near us.

Jessica August 06, 2008 6:24 PM  

How fun! Don't you love when people are cleaning out & just want to get rid of stuff?

My parents bought a little two wheeler with training wheels for Addison at a garage sale (I think maybe $8). She's scared just when she sees it right now!

Magnolia Sun August 06, 2008 7:54 PM  

I love the last picture, precious!

SJINCO August 07, 2008 5:21 PM  

Oh, how fun! I remember when I learned how to ride a bike for the first time, I was a little older too. But that's not a bad thing at all!

I wish him luck!

Shannon August 12, 2008 9:37 AM  

ahhh that is soo cool... go Wes! I think now that summer is ending you might be able to get a helmet on sale at target or walmart now...

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP