6.11.2008

The Stay-At-Home Survival Guide: Melissa Stanton

Let me start of by saying that I LOVED this book. The Stay-At-Home Survival Guide by Melissa Stanton is definitely a must read for anyone who is a stay at home Mom, work at home Mom, or Mom's who are even thinking of becoming one. This book talks about the wonderful side of staying at home right along with the challenges that you will face. Not only financially, but mentally and emotionally as well. I never felt like I was being preached at while reading this book but only encouraged.

I loved how Melissa Stanton writes the truth of what being at home with your children really is. We have moments of complete and utter joy in the morning but my the afternoon we want to run for the hills. Many Mom's feel guilty about this but reading this book made me realize I am not the only one and my "Mommy guilt" really is normal. Melissa surveyed Mom's from all walks of life while researching for the book. You will be able to connect with these Mom's in some way because most have been where we are at some point in their lives. I found my self thinking "right on sister" at many points during this book!! It is full of advice, strategies, and stories that will make you realize that being at home with your children may not be so bad after all.

I know that my biggest challenge as a stay at home Mom is feeling isolated from other adults. I not only stay at home with Wesley and Lani but I have a home child care as well. I feel stuck here most days and pretty bored as well. This book explains the importance of getting out alone and also spending time with friends. I read the chapter titled "You Gotta Have Friends" over and over. Luckily I have a husband who encourages me to get out as much as I need. Even if it's just for a quick trip to Wal-Mart. I feel recharged after these moments and I know that it makes me a better Mom to Wesley and Lani and certainly a better wife to Michael.

I would like to pass along my copy of the book to one of my readers. Just leave a comment on this post and I will enter you in the drawing. I will choose the winner on June 18th at 9pm (est).

10 people showing me love:

Amanda June 11, 2008 9:43 PM  

sounds like a book i need to read. i'm right there with you about feeling isolated from adults. i'm going to have to check the book out. tfs!

Donna June 11, 2008 9:47 PM  

Pick me. Pick me!!!

SJINCO June 11, 2008 9:58 PM  

Another book I'd love to read. Count me in!

Dianna June 12, 2008 1:28 AM  

I left a comment... I left a comment... I left a comment...
Oh good heavens can you just hear me right now?!

Melissa June 12, 2008 9:28 AM  

Sounds like a great book. I need something like that.

AM June 12, 2008 1:18 PM  

ENTER ME!!!!

Anonymous June 13, 2008 3:53 PM  

cool... I will have to check this out...

Anonymous June 13, 2008 5:26 PM  

Thank you so much for your kind words about my book! I appreciate you sharing it with your readers. All posted reviews, especially at Amazon, are welcome. It's important to get the word out to SAHMs who need a big pat on the back, and for SAHMs to be heard! Thanks again.

Mason and Terri's Mom June 17, 2008 10:21 AM  

count me in. IF I ever get around to bloggin again I will put this on there. :-/

Wanda June 17, 2008 1:33 PM  

That sounds like an awesome book for me to read. I am staying home with our baby and need some guidance!

http://kelapstick.blogspot.com
http://pyritethepug.blogspot.com

are the two blogs we keep!

Cheers!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP