6.10.2008

A day trip

While Ashleigh was here we wanted to be able to take one day to show her more of New England. Last Summer we visited the White Mountains in NH, and York Beach in ME. This time we headed to Plum Island in MA. It's near or maybe it is Newburyport. HEE! I don't really know.

Our first stop was to get Ashleigh some seafood. We stopped in Dover at Newick's to fulfill her one request. It's not easy to get fresh seafood in Kansas so we always make sure to take her out while she is here.

Next we visited Parker River National Wildlife Refuge. It's mostly a refuge for birds like the Piping Plover who are endangered and lay their eggs in the sand of the beach. The refuge keeps people off the sand so the eggs can be hatched safely. I was so sad when I realized that I had forgotten my camera:( We stopped at a store and I bought a disposable film camera. It was sooo strange using one of those again. I was surprised at how well the pictures actually came out. I am definitely going back with my Canon though. It was a beautiful place to take some family photos. Here are a few of the shots that I scanned into my computer.

We went for a walk on the board walk then ended up at a beach. We just ran around, played on the rocks, and waded in the tide pools. There was even a racoon waiting for us back at the car. You can tell that people feed him because he wasn't aggressive but was trying to find a little snack.
on the boardwalk

Ashleigh and the kiddos

Taking a walk with Auntie Ashleigh

beautiful windy warm day

hungry racoon

Another photo opp on the boardwalk

8 people showing me love:

Anonymous June 11, 2008 12:25 AM  

Awww, so glad you could spend some time with your sister! The pictures are great and looks like the weather was awesome!

Sara June 11, 2008 8:33 AM  

Great pictures from a disposable! Everyone looks happy! :) It's gorgeous there in the fall I bet, take your Canon back when the leaves start changing.

Chastity June 11, 2008 9:50 AM  

Wow..those pictures are impressive! Taken with a disposable?? I'd have never guessed!

Mama Skates June 11, 2008 11:15 AM  

wow, u're right - the disposable took surprisingly good pics!

and oh my, those pics have me even more anxious for our beach trip - we leave in 10 days! yes, the kids have me counting down! ~lol~

Anonymous June 11, 2008 2:42 PM  

You guys always come up with great ideas for day trips. I want in on the next few:)

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ June 11, 2008 9:32 PM  

Wow! You did write a Book! I have never been to that beach before. to be honest I have never heard of it. Looks like a great place! I still have to write out Whitney's Birthday invitations too...... sigh..

"J" June 11, 2008 11:41 PM  

Seafood...yummy! I love living down here by the gulf of mexico! We get some fresh yummy seafood! Mr S and I both LOVE seafood!

The pics did turn out GREAT! =)

Looks like yall had a GREAT time!

SJINCO June 12, 2008 7:05 PM  

WOW! What awesome photos, I love the one of Lani and Ashleigh on the beach!!!

And I love seafood! I can't wait until my summer vacation!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP