5.11.2008

Weekend Roundup

We enjoyed a BUSY, but fabulous weekend!! On Saturday we headed out to Wesley's second baseball game right here at home. The weather was perfect and he was in a much better mood. Last week was soooo rainy and cold.

HIT

Here is a little video of Wesley up to bat.


After Wesley's game we headed to a local park for some play time and a picnic lunch before our Leah's (our niece) softball game. She did great and is absolutely adorable!! A lot of the girls on her team were in my preschool class at a child care center that I worked at. It's been 6 years and seeing them as 9 year olds instead of 3 makes me feel super OLD!! It also makes me happy to see them each doing so well:)

Leah

I finally went and had my nose pierced. Lisa (my SIL) and Melissa went to support me. I was a little nervous once I sat in the chair, but the whole process ended up being so FAST and EASY! Did it hurt? Of course, but only for a brief second when the needle went through. My eye watered like crazy and my nose did bleed for a few minutes. I expected both of those things to happen. I have a tiny light "pinkish-purplish" colored stone and I am so in love with it. If you have thought at all about getting your nose pierced you definitely should do it! Just be sure to go to a professional because your nose is easily infected. After the piercing we headed over to Olive Garden for some soup, salad, and bread sticks! YUMMERS!!!

My new nose ring

Today is Mother's Day of course so we had a nice cook out here with Michael's parents and sister. We grilled some burgers and chicken, ate some yummy cake, and just hung out in the nice Spring weather. My niece Jenna took some really nice photos while we were outside. I am really impressed with these!! Remember that you can click on any photo to see more on Flickr.

Michael gave me a certificate for a mani and pedi at a local spa with my friend Melissa. Also a certificate to Olive Garden for us to go out after:) How sweet!! I can't wait to use them.

Happy Mother's Day

My nephew Joshie...photo by Jenna

Joshie

Michael's Dad. My Father in Law. The kid's Grampy...photo by Jenna

Big Wesley

Jenna and Lani playing dress up

admiration
Be sure to sign up below when you post your weekend round up! It was a lot of fun going around to everyones posts about their weekends. I would love for you to link back to me so maybe we could get some new readers to sign up also. I know that I love meeting new people:)


19 people showing me love:

Anonymous May 11, 2008 9:52 PM  

Yeah! Love the tiny nose ring. I still have no clue when I'll get my eyebrow done.. oh well! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend and a great Mother's Day!

~ Amy @ Memoirs of a Mommy

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ May 11, 2008 10:25 PM  

LoVe it! I am so HaPpY that you decided to do it. you have been talking about if for some time now....Yea!
I have the same color stone you are talking about. I switch them off and on. Right now I have the diamond rhinestone in....
I forgot to mention in my reply email to you that when they pierced my nose they used a longer post due to the swelling...once the swelling went down I returned and they gave me a smaller one because it kept poking up....DId they do this for you too?

Andrea May 11, 2008 10:42 PM  

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!! And a great rest of the weekend too! :)

Anonymous May 12, 2008 1:40 AM  

Okay just curious but....doesn't it hurt to blow? ;o)

Emma in Canada May 12, 2008 1:44 AM  

It looks great! Glad you had a good mother's day weekend.

Melissa May 12, 2008 10:18 AM  

What a great picture of you and the kids! I tried to take one with both of my kids yesterday but Katelyn would not cooperate! Maybe next year!

SJINCO May 12, 2008 12:13 PM  

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love all the photos and your nose - it's cute!

I knew you could do it, it's not that bad at all.

FlipFlop Mom May 12, 2008 5:14 PM  

OHHH those are GREAT GREAT pictures.. I think if you didn't tell us that was Michaels Dad.. we all would have known.. LOL LOL LOL...

So you pierced your nose.. I'm jealous.. I can't wear anything like that!!! :(

Wendy May 12, 2008 8:42 PM  

Don't you just love kids in baseball uniforms?! I love putting mine in his and taking him out to the diamond for his games! Looks like you had a good weekend!

Mama Skates May 13, 2008 12:31 PM  

omg - i'm so jealous! i've been wanting to get my nose pierced for the last few weeks, but keep putting it off....ur's looks great! way to go! i had my tongue & nipple *gasp* pierced when i was 18, but took both out as i became a mom (and wised up a little)...i'm also working on a design for my next (& prob last) tattoo...i want something to represent my family....looks like u had a wonderful weekend! happy belated mother's day!

Shannon May 13, 2008 6:59 PM  

looks like a great weekend! Love the photos!

Anonymous May 13, 2008 8:57 PM  

My family and I spent Mother's Day at Hampton Beach and, for some reason, felt like I was going to run into you all day! LOL The nose ring is too cute! I know the owner of that shop, Paul, from way back! He and my dad worked together at Lechmere in the Pheasant Lane Mall in the 80's!

Wendy May 13, 2008 9:26 PM  

Karen~That's too funny:) I would love to run into one of my readers! Paul was pretty darn cranky that night! LOL! It was crazy busy so I was glad that his daughter did the piercing. I did have to go back and get a new one put in because of the swelling. He was in a MUCH better mood. I guess he doesn't handle stress very well.

Magnolia Sun May 13, 2008 10:21 PM  

Love the nose ring, looks like your weather is getting warmer too. Sounds like a really nice weekend.

Anonymous May 14, 2008 8:58 AM  

Glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day~you deserve it :) Great pics~the one of you & the kiddies is precious :)

Wow, your nose piercing looks awesome! I remember you've been wanting too for a while now. I'd like to get one but I know I'm WAY too chicken for that! I got my ear cartilage pierced & it wasn't that big of a deal but I've heard numerous people say the nose is quite painful. But, YAY for you for getting it done~it looks awesome!

OH, just wanted to tell you~Kendall's better now so I want to participate in your Weekend Round Up next week :)

Anonymous May 14, 2008 11:16 AM  

No, Paul has never done well with stress! LOL I'm thinking of scrapping at Scrap Book Island next Friday--if I can get away!

Anonymous May 14, 2008 12:46 PM  

So strange--I was just looking at your Blog Roll and one of your bloggie buddies is a friend of my sister! Michelle from 2 Under 2!

Amy W May 14, 2008 2:25 PM  

I will have to get into this round up post next week!

Cute nose ring..I will stick to tatoos...

Donna May 15, 2008 9:05 PM  

I am such a bad best bloggy friend. I ALWAYS read but rarely comment, I need to get better. Such great pictures, and YOUR NOSE, so cute.

Id get one but my mother in mid life crisis got one, and I don;t want to be like her. LOL. You are so brave.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP