5.04.2008

Weekend Round Up

Last Spring I started updating our weekends each Sunday or Monday. As Winter turned our family into hermits I stopped. I really didn't want to bore you with how I wandered around Target, or sat on the couch all weekend!! Spring has finally sprung so I thought that I would once again write a blurb about my oh so exciting weekends.

This weekend was basically a wash out! It rained and it was cold outside. On Saturday Wesley had his first Little League baseball game. He is at the "rookie" level which is coach pitch. I loved watching him play despite the cold and rain. The boys have been practicing catching and hitting so now they need to learn how to play. LOL!!

first time at bat

Wesley was up twice. The first time he struck out and the tears flowed. The second time he got a hit and ended up getting to third base when the next two batters also were able to actually hit the ball. When the last batter struck out the tears flowed again because he didn't make it home. We were able to calm him by explaining that his one hit let two kids get home runs, and that's what team work is, blah, blah, blah. Luckily there were no more tears for the rest of the game.
Not happy
Oh, the faces he gives! GRRR!! I told him to pay attention and he whispered "I have to go to the bathroom".
hat head
This is at the beginning when Lani was happy. We had to take the winter hat and mittens back out again. The result...hat head:) After about 45 minutes of the cold Lani lost it so we spent the rest of the game listening to Barney in the car.

This is a SHORT video of Wesley striking out. I was so bummed that I didn't get his hit, but I was jamming out to Barney with Lani and only was able to see him running the bases.

::

That night Michael went to see our friends band play so his wife and daughter came over to hang out with me. We put the kid's to bed, had a little too much to drink, and hung out until the hubby's got home. I had so much fun, but regret it today. I didn't get a hangover, but I am sooo tired and cranky!

::

We were washed out on Sunday as well. A seacoast town that I love was having a "Family Fun Day". We have attended this for the past 2 years and have been looking forward to it. Unfortunately it is an outside affair so we canceled our trip:( Instead we went out for breakfast at Panera and then grocery shopping at Wal*mart. The day is not over yet but so far Michael and Lani are napping, Wesley is watching Scooby-Doo and I am catching up on blogs!! Jealous huh?

Let me know what you have been up to this weekend! Sign Mr. Linky with your very own "Weekend Round Up" post!

8 people showing me love:

BS May 04, 2008 9:51 PM  

Was the seacoast town, by chance, Hampton Beach ? I will sign up for Weekend Roundup NEXT WEEK because I will be out of town the next 3 days (for work) and then it will probably be crazy at work for the remaining days - maybe I can do a "double" next weekend.

Jesser May 04, 2008 10:51 PM  

Ahhh... sounds like a nice weekend. We didn't do much .... shopping, etc. Played a lot of Mario Kart.. haha.

Melissa May 04, 2008 11:48 PM  

Sounds relaxing! I loved watching Gavin play tball. Good luck to Wesley for his next game!!

Anonymous May 05, 2008 12:56 PM  

Did you tell him that there's no crying in baseball? hehe.. sorry for the movie quote.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Sorry the beach thing didn't work out. I hate when weather ruins plans.

~ Amy @ Memoirs of a Mommy

Anonymous May 05, 2008 5:35 PM  

Hi Wendy, sorry to comment again, but I just wanted to let you know that I tagged/linked to you on this post. So, if you get a chance come check it out.

~ Amy @ Memoirs of a Mommy

Mama Skates May 05, 2008 5:53 PM  

ha, i had already posted my own kind of weekend round-up & then came over to check out ur blog....i went ahead and added mine - hope that's okay

looks like u had a fun spring weekend - i'm LOVING this weather! :0)

Donna May 05, 2008 8:45 PM  

I cant wait till my little guy play ball!!

Sounds like fun to hang out with the girls!

Magnolia Sun May 06, 2008 9:15 AM  

Hopefull better weather will be your way for the next game. It's so fun watching them play when they are so litte (Shane's been playing since he was 4 and he's 15 now.)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP