4.23.2008

Photo Time

We had a family birthday party for Wesley last night. My Aunt Carol works on Saturdays and wouldn't be able to make it to his real party so I invited her over along with anyone else who was interested.

Happy 8th Birthday...
Here he is blowing out the candles on the cake I made. I had to do a repair job since the cake broke in half when I attempted to remove it from the glass pan. I just patched it together with frosting:) It still tasted good!Cake makes her sooo happy!



Lani loved it! I made a vegan cake by using vinegar, water, and baking powder to replace the eggs! She used to be able to eat eggs in cake, but I've noticed hives lately. The photo below is one of many that I took of Lani going absolutely crazy (this was even before the cake). I was laughing so hard that I was crying! I have never seen her so silly and goofy before. I loved every minute of it!!

If you are happy and you know it...
:::::::
The warmer weather has given me more chances to get outside and take photos. My house does not have much natural light so I love being able to get outdoors for some photo shoots! Today at the lake near my house I was able to get some great shots. The light was perfect and did not disappoint me at all.
pretty Lani
Lani has started with some interesting fears since the warm weather has hit. That is going to have to be a post all on it's own though. Michael and I are going crazy and I would love to hear what other parents have ever done in this situation.holding hands
Lani was afraid that she was going to fall in the lake while throwing rocks. This photo was actually an accident. I hit the shutter button when I grabbed her hand!
CRAZY!!
This boy is crazy! It was 80 degrees, but there was a strong breeze coming off the lake. BRRR!! Too cold for me. He wouldn't get out of the water when it was time to go. I had to threaten his with taking away his new Nintendo DS that my Aunt bought him! LOL!! Nothing like empty threats to get their butts moving.

10 people showing me love:

Emma in Canada April 23, 2008 11:21 PM  

Sure, now it works! Ignore my twitter comment. Except for where i say I love the picture taken by accident. Sometimes the mistakes end up being the most pleasant of surprises.

FlipFlop Mom April 23, 2008 11:51 PM  

OHHHHHHHHHH GREAT photos girl!!! How awesome that you can sub the cake out for Lani!!!! And the pond and swimming.. are you kidding me????? LOL LOL LOL!!! You're a good mamma!!

Jesser April 24, 2008 12:07 AM  

Great photos! Love the one of Wesley with his cake and the one of Lani after eating it. ;)

Andrea April 24, 2008 9:44 AM  

Great pictures...I love your 'accidental' one of you and her holding hands!! So cute. :) Tate has a weird fear too this spring..swings! He thinks he's going to fall out when he swings in them...I'm not sure what to do about that either.

Anonymous April 24, 2008 2:44 PM  

Such cute kiddies & pics of them! Those of Lani outside are gorgeous! The "accident" one is just too precious :) Wesley is a brave boy ;)

La Familia Garcia April 24, 2008 3:05 PM  

What a sweet picture of you holding her hand! That's awesome!

Laura April 24, 2008 4:49 PM  

I really like the picture of Lani in the sun hat. Good news about the cake turning out! :P Breaking in half would totally happen to me too.

AM April 24, 2008 7:58 PM  

Wow, another birthday! Man time goes by fast.

I LOVE that mistake photo you took. Very sweet.

Dianna April 24, 2008 10:25 PM  

Would you believe it? After nice warm spring weather and getting ready to rake the lawn we had a massive snowfall not to mention that all previous snow had already melted away. Here we go again. Cooold winter weather in Manitoba. Enjoy your Spring! [note the sarcasm]

SJINCO April 28, 2008 9:57 PM  

Love the holding hands photo! Even if it was an accident!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP