4.29.2008

10 years

It is really hard having a sister that is 10 years younger than you are. I am constantly finding myself "mothering" her!! I just want her to call every once in a while, not make Wesley feel sad when she doesn't call on his birthday, let me know when she receives the packages I send her, reply to my emails, texts, and voicemails!! Oh, I am struggling with this. I just wish we were in the same place as we were back in July (remember that we hadn't seen each other in 15 years). I can compare it to those first few months in a new relationship. You can't get enough of that person then you slowly grow apart. This is definitely what has happened to us, well her anyway!

11 people showing me love:

Melissa April 29, 2008 11:03 PM  

I KNOW! I am 16 years older than my sister. She is 18 now and I feel like her mother. I made the mistake of looking at her myspace page and almost had a heart attack!

Chastity April 29, 2008 11:34 PM  

I guess she doesn't read this blog....I always assumed she did.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I don't have a sister or a much younger sibling, so I can't completely relate, but I can imagine that that would be really tough. I'm sorry it's all making you feel neglected as a sister. She's at such a different stage in her life...you know how it is when you're that age...people are usually focused on themselves a little around that time. Give her a year or so and she'll probably be more reliable.

Mason and Terri's Mom April 30, 2008 8:10 AM  

I'll take her place! THAT way I don't make you feel so dern old! ;-) I'm only 5 years younger. tee heee

Donna April 30, 2008 9:22 AM  

=(

La Familia Garcia April 30, 2008 10:34 AM  

humm..if we have more kids, that might be the age difference of my oldest....
I'll have to try to encourage them both...

Anonymous April 30, 2008 2:37 PM  

I'm sorry~I know that's tough! I'm 17 years older than one of my sisters & 19 years older than another one of my sisters. I know exactly what you're talking about!

One of my aunts does something w/her daughters that my sisters & I are going to try & it may be something that you guys can try as well. My aunt & her daughters take a weekend mini-vacation & go somewhere together. They have the best time whereever they go & I told my sisters that that would be a great idea for us. Me & my 2cd youngest sister would have to get our hubby's to keep the kids but I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem just for a weekend ;)

Anyway, hope things get better w/you guys!

Homegrown Tribe April 30, 2008 2:44 PM  

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. You have an adorable family!

I have 2 brothers 7 & 9 years younger... my boys are lucky they are very involved... but it is different when they are in such a different place in life.

talk to you soon,

Brittany

Becca April 30, 2008 7:29 PM  

My best friend is going through the same thing with her sister, so I "sort of" know what you are going through. I think it's just the age she is. As Chas said, she is probably just really focused on what is going on in her life. She will come around. :-)

SJINCO April 30, 2008 10:48 PM  

I understand this! I'm 19 years younger than my oldest sister, and 10 years younger than my other sister.

I'm sure they feel the same way!

BS April 30, 2008 11:34 PM  

Tell SJ to SHUT UP !! She is like one of my kids - more so than being the little sister !! The other one, there was/has been much distance between us - that is until she became a mother herself!! Hang in there ... her age right now has a lot to do with it, it will change as you two get older.

FlipFlop Mom May 04, 2008 9:43 AM  

I'm sorry Wendy girl.. :( Maybe.. just maybe soon she'll wake up and realize what a blessing you all are... I'm sure she KNOWS... but maybe she'll show you soon!!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP