3.14.2008

What the....?

I know this is my third post in one day, but the kids are sleeping and I am perplexed. I made some yummy low point chocolate chip cookies that I have made at least 5 times. They have always come out of the oven in tiny little circles of gooey heaven. Well, this time something went severely wrong. I checked on them and this is what I found. They were flat and had melted into each other. So sad:(

I scooped them all into a pile in the middle of the pan and stuck tried again:) I really didn't want to waste these delicious cookies. This is how it came out....a large mountain of cookie!! I took a tiny taste and it's pretty darn yummy:) I am saving it for Wesley because he will LOVE it!!
I thought that maybe it was a fluke so I changed up the parchment paper and tried again with only three scoops of dough.

The same thing happened:( Oh, well! I am wondering if there was something wrong with the butter because the cookies were really greasy. That never happens, but maybe this box of butter was a dud?!? Hmm....

Michael said that he will still eat them so he wants me to finish baking them. I am sorry, but I just can't take the time baking something that I wont eat. He can do it when he gets home;) Has this ever happened to any of you? Just curious!!

10 people showing me love:

AM March 14, 2008 2:40 PM  

That happened to me once when I used margarine instead of butter...

kristie March 14, 2008 3:27 PM  

you may need to refrigerate the dough for a bit so it gets fairly firm before baking. this helps in the 'too much spreading' department.

Jessica March 14, 2008 5:21 PM  

Is there baking powder in the recipe? If so, make sure it's not too old & that it's been kept at the proper temperatures so that it will bake correctly. It may be fine one time but then the next time you use it it's gone bad!

A recipe for homemade baking powder:

1/4 C cream of tartar
2 T baking soda

Sift both ingredients into a small bowl, repeating the process twice. It will store in an airtight container up to four weeks. :)

Gina March 14, 2008 5:24 PM  

Hmmm...the others had some good sounding suggestions. Actually, I have none. We have a convection oven so it tends to cook pretty good all the way through. But the sticky gooey goodness looks pretty scrumptious!

Donna March 14, 2008 5:29 PM  

Not sure, I know this has happened to me randomly.

Sorry about your cookies=(

Andrea March 14, 2008 10:03 PM  

Weird...I have had that happen once in a while - but usually with a new recipe that I've never tried before, so I usually just figured it was a bad recipe and didn't use it again...hmmm...well, hopefully Wesley likes the cookies anyway!

danetteb March 15, 2008 4:02 AM  

It happened to me to me when I used too much butter, we still ate them. Chocolate chip cookies are always good fresh baked even if they have a twin :)

Hugs, danette

Anonymous March 15, 2008 8:25 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dianna March 15, 2008 1:41 PM  

I would've just added a bit more flour into them. Too much baking soda makes for a bitter taste so just add more flour. Flour also helps with rising. Also I would whip the butter first thing to see if it's whipped light and whitish color then I would add ingred.

Anonymous March 15, 2008 9:24 PM  

It happened to me once. It was the baking soda or baking powder (can't remember.) But mine was old and I guess once opened only has a shelf-life about a month.

I came here from the blog party btw.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP