3.16.2008

I am now someones angel.

I recently read about a website named ChemoAngels on someones blog. I can't remember whose, so if it was yours feel free to remind me:) I read up on what being a Chemo Angel meant and I knew that it was something that I really wanted to do.

As many of you know my father died of cancer when I was 15 so I thought this would be something I could do in his honor. I signed up and was matched up with a 5 year old little girl who I will call "H" to protect her privacy. (This is an important part of the program.) I was given a whole list of her likes/dislikes, interests, etc. I am so excited to send this sweet little girl and her family some letters, treats, and gifts. Anything to make what they are going through easier. I truly can not even imagine!!!

If you feel like this is something you would be interested in doing you can go right to their website to read all about it. Being a chemo angel is a big responsibility so you really need to make sure that you are able to make the commitment. You can also feel free to send me something that I can pass along to "H" if you don't think that you can make the full commitment.

6 people showing me love:

Trace March 16, 2008 10:10 PM  

That's such a wonderful idea!! I wonder if they have anything like that here? I'll have to check it out! :)

Trace

Andrea March 17, 2008 1:24 AM  

That's a neat idea...I've actually never heard of it before. But it would sure mean a lot to the little girl to have you as her angel I'm sure!!

Jessica March 17, 2008 7:36 AM  

I'm glad you blogged about this, it's such a great idea! I may ahve to look into this, it's something that is definitely closer to my heart since Ellie's passing in December.

Melissa March 17, 2008 9:33 AM  

That is such a great thing to do. headed over there now to look into it. :)

Kim March 17, 2008 12:43 PM  

What a wonderful idea, thank you for sharing. I am going to check it out right now.

Jesser March 17, 2008 10:53 PM  

That's wonderful!! What a great idea.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP