3.05.2008

Dr. Internet

Oh dear internets...do you have any idea what this rash may be? This is Hannah, she is one, and I babysit her. She has had this rash for a week + and her parents have yet to take her to a doctor. They think it's just because of her immunizations. GAH!! Even more reason to bring her in!! I am beginning to freak because I don't know what it is. I realize that you are not real doctors, but maybe you have seen this same rash on your child! Oh, don't mind her snot:)

17 people showing me love:

SJINCO March 05, 2008 6:26 PM  

To me, just by looking at the photos, it looks like eczema. Do you (or her parents) use baby wipes a lot to wipe her face? Sometimes if we over-use baby wipes instead of tissues with Isaac, it really dries his face out. But anyway, check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Also, does it seem to bother her? Is it anywhere else on her body?

Donna March 05, 2008 6:42 PM  

I would ask her parents to take her to get it checked, for he good and everyone else around. It doesn't look normal to me.

BS March 05, 2008 7:25 PM  

I agree with SJ - looks like eczema. Does she scratch?

Drea March 05, 2008 7:45 PM  

it does kinda look like a flare up of Eczema. does she lick it a lot?
just keep it dry... maybe put some aquafor on it.

FlipFlop Mom March 05, 2008 8:20 PM  

No Idea.. as it looks puffy .. poor kiddo.. and poor babysitter!!! I missed ya!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ March 05, 2008 8:23 PM  

r u kidding me? they have not brought her to the Dr yet? either way rash or eczema? it is worth looking into and treating...I would mentioned t oher that it has gone on long enough and it should be looked at.

Mason and Terri's Mom March 05, 2008 9:14 PM  

I was gonna say exactly what SJ said. Eczema and esp. with all the cold weather you've been having! :-D

Chastity March 05, 2008 10:12 PM  

I don't know what it is, but they really should get it checked out. It's too bad you can't just make them do it.

Dianna March 06, 2008 1:58 AM  

I've been catching up on reading your blog. Have been lacking these days and finally have a new post on mine. It was nice catching up with you again. Blessings my friend

Devoted Mama March 06, 2008 8:15 AM  

It looks like Eczema to me. Kendall has excema & his face looks like that when it gets really cold. I'd tell her parents to take her to her dr. Kendall's dr. gave us prescription cortizone & it clears it up almost instantly. Good luck :)

Devoted Mama March 06, 2008 8:17 AM  

OH, I just wanted to add~Kendall's excema flares up & is worse when he has a cold...

kristie March 06, 2008 9:31 AM  

it looks like 'contact dermatitis' to me...i get it often and it means i am allergic to something that i got on my hands and then touched my face with my hands such as furniture polish, cleaning products, etc. it comes and goes and i have a prescription strength cortisone cream i put on it and it goes away pronto. i would take her to a dermatologist if she were my child...basically contact dermatitis means you are allergic to something...usually a manmade product.

Tam March 06, 2008 10:09 AM  

How Old is she? It looks like eczema or what some peds say as atopic dermattis. My son was 6 months old with a rash that appeared from his head to face and it got worse. My ped said it was eczema for a few months. It was eczema but it actually ended up being caused from food allergies. My son ended up being allergic to whey, casein, which were in Alliementum. He went on a product called neocate. Bottom line is now that he is almost three..he can not have milk, any fish, any peanuts, strawberrie, pineapples. If he has those things he looks like that little girls face. Our Allergist said that the body begins to show signs like that when internally it can not process these things. We have to be careful of his foods and also wipes that are used on his face. I use a 100 percent organic cotton face clothes with luke warm water. Baths will make it worse also. OK sorry for being so long. I have been through so much with my little guys skin and allergies...I never imagined that a food allergy could cause eczema and sometimes hives....they really really need to get her seen to make sure it is not food related!

Emma in Canada March 06, 2008 4:09 PM  

I'm with the eczema group. Saoirse doesn't usually get it on her face and of all the prescriptions she has had the best things I have ever used are penaten (yes, the diaper rash cream) and -ach i can't remember the name- but it's one of those things that you roll up and rub on. Like a tube of deodorant. Now it's going to bother me that I can't remember what it is. Anyway, it's all natural.

Her parents could be right of course, it could just be a reaction to her shots. I think those can last up to 3 weeks.

Anonymous March 06, 2008 4:13 PM  

That poor baby. Even if it's eczema which it totally looks like, it's itching her and she is probably irritable because of it. Aquafore would be great for it.

Erin March 07, 2008 10:27 AM  

Looks like either eczema or contact dermatitis (which Hailey has always gotten, esp. when she was younger--she has it now on her bum BAD from the sitter cleaning the potty with Lysol and not wiping it off w/ water!!!). Is it just on her face?

Shannon March 08, 2008 10:39 PM  

Lore broke out with that before... it was from what we were using to wipe her face... paper towels, paper napkins, wipes, etc... once we started to use a super soft washcloth and warm water it went away... also we used the stick lotion by johnson and johnson and the one by huggies it helped to keep her face protected from the weather, snot, drool etc...

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP