3.25.2008

13 years ago!

I was one of those strange people who actually enjoyed high school. I did well in my classes, but it was the social aspect that I loved! I had a small group of friends who always were so much fun to be around. There was only one friend who was a "true friend" in the sense that I could tell her anything and didn't have to act perfect around her. She knew all about my nutso family and I spent a lot of time with her to get away from all that. Funny that we are the only ones who are still friends:)

Anyway, I was reading my Senior yearbook (I graduated in 1995) the other day and was CRACKING up at what some of the people wrote in it! These may not be as funny to you, but here ya go!! Some of these are just excerpts.

*Best of luck when you give birth. I'm sure you will be a great Mom!! ( Maybe this was a private joke, not sure! It was from a boy)

*You remember everything that went on with Brendon? You liked him, I liked him, everyone liked him!

*The past year and a half has been great and I hope there is many more if you know what I mean....yep sex and booze!! (written by a boy obviously)

*Let's try not to lose touch like so many do after high school. (this was a popular one)

*Just want to let you know that in the beginning of the year I thought you were such a snob...(lol!!)

*I guess it seems kind of silly now that I resented you our Sophmore year because you had Chris.(Yeah...he was a hunk)

So, all of these are not HILARIOUS but they bring back some funny memories for me. I am sure that a few high school friends who read this may be curious who wrote these:)

11 people showing me love:

Anonymous March 25, 2008 3:26 PM  

How fun & what a neat blogging idea ;) I haven't looked @ my yearbooks in YEARS!!!! I have them on a shelf in my (walk in) closet. I'll have to get them out & post some of mine~if you don't mind me stealing your idea, that is ;)

Chastity March 25, 2008 3:56 PM  

I don't even know where my yearbook is. It's funny what seems so memorable at the time later gets less less memorable.

Andrea March 25, 2008 5:42 PM  

I bet I would be surprised (or confused! haha) at some of the comments in my yearbooks if I looked back at them now! What a fun idea...now I feel like digging out those yearbooks- just for fun. :)

BS March 25, 2008 7:10 PM  

GASP !! I graduated in *1975* - 20 years before you ! I should take a peek at my yearbooks - I still have them and actually know where they are !!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ March 25, 2008 9:42 PM  

Oh My...How on earth did you come up with this for a post! How awesome! Funny..last night I was wondering where all mine are. I think they are still at my parents house. Man. I can only imagine what is written in my yearbook...(EYEROLL)

Jennifer S March 26, 2008 12:21 AM  

This was a great idea. I wish I had my yearbooks, but I can imagine some of the messages would be similar.

Excellent idea.

Anonymous March 26, 2008 1:58 AM  

Wow...I am sooo much older than you! I graduated in 1985!!!

One of the things written in annual that I'll never forget was..."die hard"...what was that supposed to mean?

Oh and you're not the only one who enjoyed her high-school days!

BlondeBlogger March 26, 2008 2:12 AM  

That is such a good idea! I bet this idea starts spreading all over the blogosphere (I think I'm going to try it myself...I'll have to do some censoring for mine though, lol)

Jessica March 26, 2008 7:04 AM  

Those are great! I love looking at peoples yearbooks even if I don't know them - the notes people write can be hilarious!

Jesser March 26, 2008 9:44 AM  

Oh those are hilarious!!! What a crack-up. I should go back through mine. I remember someone wrote "Thanks for letting me copy off of you" in one of my yearbooks and I had *no idea* he was copying off me all year. Haha.

Laura March 27, 2008 10:45 AM  

I am so inspired! This is fantastic!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP