2.08.2008

Salad Throwdown

In college I went out to Chili's with some of the girls I had recently met in my dorm. I was not overweight back then, but of course I thought I was a little big. Ahh, to be a size 9 again!! I had ordered the Chicken Ceasar Salad because I thought it was much better for me then the large greasy burgers that everyone else was ordering. Hmmm....seems that I was wrong:P I got the below information from the Hungry Girl website. Be sure to click on the link!!!

Rumor - When dining out, it's always best to stick with a salad.

Reality - Restaurant salads can sometimes be the worst items on the menu! If you don't believe us, check out these salad shockers!

Just because your plate starts off with leafy greens doesn't mean it's a good choice. Globs of oily or creamy dressing can cause calorie counts to skyrocket. And mounds of fatty salad toppers like cheese, nuts, and fried noodles are BAD news! Rather than sticking strictly with salads, scope out the entire menu for something that has lots of veggies and lean protein. Avoid dishes that are extra-saucy or fried. And if you DO get a salad, skip the fatty toppings, and ask for the dressing on the side -- then dip, don't pour (you'll likely use far less that way)!

3 people showing me love:

Anonymous February 08, 2008 8:30 PM  

I know!! Salads are just covered in oil in restaurants! I always ask for the dressing on the side if ordering the salad as a main. Near my work there's a lunch place that only does salads. It has all of the ingredients seperate and you tell them what to put in. That way you have full control over what you eat and what dressing you have. I've been eating there this week. :)

Trace

Anonymous February 08, 2008 11:20 PM  

Oh sheeeesh. Chilis is about the worst for eating out, I swear. There is practically nothing on that menu that is worth the calories. Maybe the chicke noodle soup?? I haven't been there in a long while. But sometimes I really long for their eggrolls... mmm.

Anonymous February 09, 2008 3:19 PM  

Eating Salads at restaurants always turn my belly... I think they use some kind of WASH on them.. and then I feel so blucky after!! UGH!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP