2.17.2008

In Love

Our weekend wasn't too thrilling until Michael surprised me with a trip into town. He said that I could get my camera even before our return was deposited. Maybe he was sick of hearing me talk about it, but I think that he is just the sweetest. It's not like I needed his permission, but this is a big purchase, not just a pair of shoes from Target:)

Well, let's just say that I am IN LOVE with my new Canon!! See how I am making out with it in my bathroom mirror;)Here are some of my favorite photos from the 156 that I took tonight. These were all taken in auto mode. I have no idea what I am doing with the other settings, but I am slowly learning. I have been studying about ISO tonight and beginning to understand that setting a little more.

I think that Lani is going to be my favorite subject. She doesn't stop moving so I am loving how speedy this camera is.

My handsome hubby! Does he look annoyed with me yet? HEE!!

Lani pretending to go "nigh nigh"!! I made it black and white because it was a little blurry. That seems to help in some photos. She was constantly up and down on the pillow so it was hard for the camera to focus.

AHHH! My favorite of the night. Her big brown eyes are so bright! I know that she needs a haircut. Believe me, it's been driving me crazy! We are waiting for Auntie Lisa to get home from Vegas.
I asked Wesley to pose for me:) Notice the arms up model pose? I knew the cooperation wouldn't last though!
"Mommmmeeee, the flash is so bright!! My eyes are waaattterrrinnngg" LOL!! I love to hear a 7 year old whine:) After this the hands and feet went up to block my view!

I have some goals for this camera. Once I learn how to use it I plan on offering to take photos for friends and family. Soon, I will begin to advertise my services to take untraditional photos. No studios for me:) I would love to take wedding pictures and other important events in peoples lives. I plan on keeping my prices very reasonable. This will take me some time, but I know that I have plenty of friends who will let me practice on them.

19 people showing me love:

Melissa February 17, 2008 11:14 PM  

Great shots! A new camera is next on my wish list!!

Jesser February 17, 2008 11:25 PM  

YAY! So very happy for you. :o) Cute shots too.

SJINCO February 17, 2008 11:45 PM  

So happy for you! You are going to love it. And so far, so good - you've been practicing - A LOT.

:)

Andrea February 18, 2008 9:31 AM  

Wow...lucky you!! I would love a new camera too...buuuut i'll have to wait a while longer. :) Oh well. And if I lived closer I'd definitely let you practice on me...or Tate (he's much cuter! hehe) ;)

AM February 18, 2008 9:36 AM  

Congrats! Ah, I so want that camera and would do exactly what you plan to do. Maybe next year.

Donna February 18, 2008 9:39 AM  

HAPPY Valentines Day to YOU!!! How fun!

Can't wait to see your development!

Anonymous February 18, 2008 10:02 AM  

Sounds like fun, can't wait to see all your great pictures!

Devoted Mama February 18, 2008 2:41 PM  

Congratulations~I know you've been wanting that camera for a while! Great pics so far! Have fun experimenting :)

Laura February 18, 2008 4:06 PM  

congratulations :)

Chastity February 18, 2008 5:20 PM  

Congrats on the new camera! I'd love to have an SLR. If they only had a video mode I'd totally get one.

FlipFlop Mom February 18, 2008 9:02 PM  

Good for you.. BUT it should have been a NIKON!!! LOL LOL... I've done three weddings now.. and in the spring.. it will be Senior Pictures!!! I have YET to receive a dime for any of my services... BUT... I guess it's ok.. I don't really speak up!! :( My fault... Can't wait to see more!!

Kim February 18, 2008 9:40 PM  

Oh that's fun! I love new cameras! Cute pictures!

BS February 18, 2008 10:17 PM  

I just purchased my brother's old camera which is exactly the same as SJs old camera and I am anxious to receive it (my Easy Share just ain't cuttin it anymore). The other brother and the other sister (who both live in VA) also have the same camera and I am looking forward to some "free lessons"!!

Shannon February 19, 2008 12:35 AM  

Congratulations on the new camera! I'm still learning on mine. There are lots of free tips sites online that help a lot. Soon you'll be using terms like composition and apeture (sp) etc!

Trace February 19, 2008 1:48 AM  

We both got new cameras on the weekend! :) I'm in love with mine also except I've been so sick I've hardly used it. I took about 30 pics of D before he asked me to get it out of his face. Hehe. :) Have fun snapping pictures!! :)

Trace

Sara February 19, 2008 3:49 AM  

Gorgeous family! Nice new camera! Congrats! :)

la bellina mammina February 19, 2008 4:20 AM  

What a cool camera! Great pics!!

Deb February 19, 2008 11:38 AM  

Congrats on the new camera - and love the photos! :)

Drea February 23, 2008 1:21 PM  

its an awesome camera. im looking into a new lens right now.. its like 335.00 tho. yikes haha. i have the money now but im still browsing. what lens did yours come with?

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP