10.02.2007

Look what I did tonight:)

Shannon is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and offers these classes where you pay a certain amount each month for a stamp set and everything you will need to make a whole bunch of cool projects!! I love this because the only real "work" I have to do is cutting up the stamp set! So, she sent me my package last month and I finally was able to get the cards done!! These two cards were SUPPOSED to be Christmas cards, but I was having a hard time picturing what the cards were supposed to look like according to her directions, so I made these! They look simple now, but I plan on adding some words like "thank you" or "happy birthday"!!
I love the idea of these "gift card holders"! Mine are not that beautiful, but I love the concept and the colors!! I have a hard time using black lines than having to color them in. I am not artistic in that sense. These certianly have potential:)
I also had a hard time picturing this card from Shannon's directions!! This is no fault of hers, of course, I just need to actually see the project! I guess that is just how my brain works.
These 3 are my absolute FAVORITE and I plan on using this technique to make my Christmas cards. I believe these cards are a die cut that you can punch out from Stampin' Up!

1.If you are familiar with SU! products then you use their "glossy white" card stock and stamp all over it with their "basic black" ink pad. I recommend their pad because it is permanent and the ink will not cause it to smear around. You let the black ink dry completely, about 10 minutes.

2. Now use a white crayon to trace around the stamped image.

3. Use a cotton ball to dab on some ink, covering the whole paper. I used tissues because I had no cotton balls. Just be sure the ink colors match the card stock that you will be matting it onto!

4. Once the ink dries use a tissue to wipe off the crayon and reveal the white lines underneath.

5. Then cut it to fit on what ever size card you are making. The 8x10 (or whatever size it was) made 3 of those long cards you see above!! Next time I will use the white crayon more!

I will be sure to post what I do with this same set next month!

2 people showing me love:

Jessica October 03, 2007 8:26 AM  

I think you did a great job & it looks like fun! I love making cards. :)

Andrea October 03, 2007 8:50 AM  

Ooooh....very nice! I am not artistic at all...but maybe I could do those...maybe! :)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP