9.25.2007

Lani is 15 months!

Lani turned 15 months yesterday. She is talking A LOT, can't really get her to stop!! LOL!! Lani even has a few signs since watching 'Babies First Signs'. She now does baby, milk, eat, more, and please. So far baby is my all time fav! I love how she says it so quietly and sweetly while signing at the same time. She also says 'peas' while signing please. Lani will do the sign and I will have no idea what she is asking for:) I have to run through a lot of possibilities and sometimes we figure it out, sometimes it all ends in a melt down!!

We have been spending a lot of time outside enjoying the nice fall weather. Lani loves going for rides in the "wee". This is what she calls our wagon. She also calls the slide "wee wee" and will go down ours over and over and over!!



Lani has been eating much better. She is still very picky and hesitant to try new things, but will pig out on her favorites. Those are chicken, pasta, french fries, cantalope, apples (she is actually obsessed with these), baby gummies, cereal with soy milk, garden burgers, and waffles. I am sure you noticed that there are no veggies on this list. Well, she refuses to eat any...I snuck spinach in her pasta sauce the other night and she wouldn't eat it. It was such a small amount, but she noticed it. There are also times when I can get her to eat corn, but it has to be very sweet corn off the cob.
*Lani just being cute*

Her allergies are pretty much under control. We are working on the soy milk and making sure that she is getting enough protein and calcium. I am still nursing before bed and nap so she is still getting plenty of vitamins that way. We finally had to cut out the 4am feeding by letting her "cry it out". We created our own version, that really didn't include too much crying. We just had to make sure that Daddy went in and not Mommy:) It took about 5 nights and now she has slept through for 12 hours!! YAY!! I can already tell that Lani is much happier when she wakes up and is taking better naps. Amazing how getting a good nights sleep can effect naps and appetite. I pray that it lasts!!

Her 15 month appointment was today and I am pleased to announce that she is gaining!! Her weight is now 19lbs and she it still in the 5th percentile. The doctor is no longer concerned because she looks healthy, and is gaining. Her height is now 30", a 1" difference! Poor tiny baby! Our doctor feels that the more we control the allergies, the quicker she will grow.

I will end this with my favorite thing that Lani is doing right now! She is IN LOVE with Barney and will sing the "I Love You" song. It goes a little like this "wa wa wa, we we we"!! (sing to the tune)
*short, but sweet*


13 people showing me love:

Amy W September 25, 2007 2:57 PM  

What are baby gummies?

Anonymous September 25, 2007 3:25 PM  

Happy 15 months Lani!! Glad everything went well @ her appt. & can't wait to see the "singing" video :)

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ September 25, 2007 9:45 PM  

HaPpY 15 Months Lani!
Whitney had a Wagman ( what she called Wagon) and she wore a Hatman ( what she called her helmet) not sure were the "man" came from but these were 2 words she ended with man? But the best of all that Fagg*t softener for Fabric softener...I love the baby talk..
Glad to hear the allergies are under control...Pheww.

Anonymous September 25, 2007 10:17 PM  

What? No pictures?!? :P
I'm looking forward to finding out what Deeder weighs! He looks a bit chunkier to me these days..
Great news that the allergies are getting under control!

Anonymous September 25, 2007 11:11 PM  

15mos already?! wow!!! i thought she just turned one :) she is just a doll doll doll!!!!

i like your new blog page :D

Wind Blossom September 26, 2007 12:37 AM  

Those are gorgeous videos!!! Glad to hear that her allergies are under control and that she's doing so well.

la bellina mammina September 26, 2007 2:12 AM  

Oh how adorable is Lani!

Anonymous September 26, 2007 7:19 AM  

Cute cute videos~love the last one ;)

Erin September 26, 2007 10:13 AM  

Sounds like she's doing great! She's not much smaller than Hailey. We just have small girls :o) Love how she sings the Barney song, so cute! Gosh I can't believe she's 15 months already! Our girls are growing up!

Hailey's hit or miss on the veggies these days too. One thing I do to trick her...I can still get her to eat baby food if I let her feed it to herself w/ a spoon...I get the Gerber flavor Carrot Apple Mango and she calls it "apples"...it doesn't even smell like carrots, but she eats it right up, not having a clue that it's VEGGIES! Is Lani allergic to any of that? I don't know if you've tried that yet, but it might be an option!

SJINCO September 26, 2007 5:01 PM  

What a sweetheart!

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm September 26, 2007 11:39 PM  

okay...1st video, weren't you freaked out that she might fall backwards? OMG! Then Wesley was like "Watch me..." and you (BAD mommy) cut off the camera!!!!

The 2nd one...her littel teef and wips were so cute "preparing to blow"

The 3rd one..."We Lua be... we we we"

I SO have to get out MY camera to "try" and capture Terris cuteness!!

AM September 28, 2007 3:25 PM  

I want to watch these videos SO BAD but I want to watch them with the sound on and I KNOW my boss could probably hear... Maybe in a bit. I'll DEFINETLY come back to watch them, dont worry.

AM October 02, 2007 2:07 PM  

I just watched the videos! So sweet!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP