4.14.2008

Being the perfect Mom...

Had a crappy weekend with Lani! She wasn't feeling well (still isn't) and has just been a pain in the a$$ one second then a complete sweetheart the next. Could the "terrible two's" be here 2 months early? She just wants NO ONE but me. This is extremely exhausting and frustrating. Michael couldn't hand her the sippy cup, he couldn't ask her what song she wanted to hear, he couldn't do ANYTHING with out her screaming "NO DADDY"!! I realize that she wasn't 100% health wise, but after three days of the screaming, whining, fussing, and crying I just about lost it. Thank heavens the girl goes to bed so easily because I am grumpy tonight and really needed a break.


Lani has a way of making me so frustrated one second then make me feel so blessed and happy the next. In the car she was throwing a fit because Michael put her in the car seat. She just kept crying "Mamma" in the back seat. I tried all my little tricks but none of them worked. Soon I was hearing "the sun is bwight" over and over in her best whining voice. I offered her sunglasses and proceeded to unbuckle, turn around to put them on her only to have Lani rip them off and yell "no Mom". Yep, that's right...MOM!!! UGH!! In about 2 minutes she has replaced the sunglasses, and was joyfully exclaiming that she saw the "white puffies outside today (clouds)". I just wanted to put my face in my hands and cry.


I guess my point is that being a good Mom doesn't mean you need to have patience 100% of the time, or that you are going to have nothing but wonderful sweet rainbow moments with your children. It just means loving, hugging, kissing, and doing the best you can despite the fact that you just want to throw in the towel, climb in bed, and sleep for a week!!

12 people showing me love:

BS April 14, 2008 11:01 PM  

I so remember those days ... they will pass, I promise.

Anonymous April 15, 2008 12:20 AM  

My 15 year old is still going through the "terrible two's".

Awww....but Lani's such a sweetheart!

Mason and Terri's Mom April 15, 2008 8:21 AM  

Lani Lani Lani, gonna drive your mamma crazy. Ahh the joys of being a parent to a lit'l diva!

I just try to remember when Terri is being a MAJOR UBBER CLINGY PAIN, that she WILL have to sleep sometime!

Becca April 15, 2008 8:44 AM  

Oh I feel your pain! Ava started acting like that a few months before her birthday, and then she sort of settled down and as soon as she turned 2 it all came back. Some days I literally want to leave her on a street corner!! But it is worth it for those sweet hugs and kisses that we get.

Donna April 15, 2008 8:59 AM  

We've all been there! or will at one point.

I have been scooting out of the house as much as I can lately!! (w/o the kids)

Melissa April 15, 2008 9:03 AM  

Oh, I hope she feels better soon! Katelyn has been whiny and sick too.

Anonymous April 15, 2008 10:15 AM  

I feel your pain! Sounds exactly like my lil darling. She'll be three in 2 months though! Ugh, hopefully it passes for both of us soon!

Unknown April 15, 2008 1:18 PM  

Agh the joys of mammahood! I'm over the terrible two's with two of my kiddos but i have one more to deal with. Last night i had the same kind of night . the screaming and the whining and the no daddy thing. I just wanted to crawl in the basement and hide!

Dana April 15, 2008 1:24 PM  

what a cutie - she is beautiful... I hope the days get better

Erin April 17, 2008 5:00 PM  

I could have written this post. Totally know how you feel :)

SJINCO April 17, 2008 5:22 PM  

I completely understand how you feel! I feel like this OFTEN. And really it's a love/hate type of feeling, isn't it?

They will pass. Just remind yourself of that:)

Laura April 17, 2008 10:29 PM  

Hmm. Yeah, I agree...it's not possible to always please little kids. Nor is it necessary!I've had some frustrating days lately too.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP