4.18.2011

Spelling Bee

In March Wesley participated in a Regional Spelling Bee. He initially wanted NO part of it, but somehow the librarian at his school talked him into it. She was in charge of the spelling bee at his Elementary School. Poor Wesley was so nervous and kept saying "Please push me off a cliff so I don't have to go." 

Once we walked into the room and Wesley realized it wasn't a HUGE venue he was fine. I could see the stress leave his body:) The participants had a little practice run and then the real thing began. It went fast and I was shocked by how many kids were knocked out right away. Nerves really got the best of some of these poor kids. Wesley made it to the 4th round and we were sooo very proud of him!! He walked out saying "Next year I am going to dominate.". Love that about him. 

I took a few pictures with my point and shoot. We weren't allowed to use a flash so excuse the quality. 


Spelling Bee

2 people showing me love:

Candi April 19, 2011 9:12 AM  

Too cool! It is so hard for kids to get past the nerves. Same thing happened when Andrew was in one for 6th grade. Kids would spell the simplest words wrong.
I bet Wesley's second year will be so much for fun because he will know what to expect.

Mama Skates May 16, 2011 5:49 PM  

Wes is such a cool kid!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP