6.17.2009

Niagara Falls: Day One

As many of you know Michael, the kids, and I spent last weekend in Niagara Falls, NY. We were there celebrating 10 years of marriage. It definitely is an anniversary that we never will forget. We had an awesome time!!! I feel so blessed that I've had the chance to see something so amazing and beautiful. I have a TON of photos so I thought I would break them up day to day. So, here is Day One.
*******************************************************
We left our house in New Hampshire around 7am. It was rainy and yucky, but the driving wasn't bad at all. We made a stop for gas in town and went on our way. Our van was stocked with plenty of snacks, DVD player, iTouch, books, iPods, notebooks, crayons, toys, etc. HAHA! We had 9 hours to fill:)

I drove the first leg of the trip through the windy mountain roads in Western New Hampshire and Vermont. I get carsick so easily if I am the passenger and driving is the only way to stop this. We stopped in Troy, NY for lunch and then Michael took the wheel for our 300 mile trip through New York. It was all highway so I passed out instantly and snoozed for a few hours:) Guess who didn't sleep one wink? Yep....Lani and Wesley! They stayed awake the WHOLE trip! Both of the kids were awesome travelers!!

We arrived at our hotel, emptied the van and headed out to the Falls after a quick dinner. I was a little nervous because the town of Niagara Falls isn't anything like I imagined. It was run down, and not kept up well at all. So many foreclosed homes and closed businesses. Hard to believe that something so beautiful was only a few minutes away. It didn't seem like the residents took any pride in their town at all. Sad!!

Here are the Horseshoe Falls. The sound of the water rushing over is amazing! I wish I could bottle the noise and bring it home. The water really was that blue.

Horseshoe Falls from above

The kids and I posing in front of the American Falls.

American Falls behind us


watching with Daddy

With Daddy in front of the Horseshoe Falls.

With Daddy

4 people showing me love:

Jennifer Suarez June 18, 2009 8:51 AM  

I love Niagra falls and even though I only live a few hours away on the American side, I've actually NEVER BEEN TO THE AMERICAN SIDE!! I've been to the falls in CA a bunch of times though.

Weird huh?

Mama Skates June 18, 2009 10:04 AM  

would love 2 travel there one day - ur pics r gorgeous!

Jessica June 19, 2009 9:55 AM  

What a great way to celebrate! Wonderful photos, too. :)

FlipFlop Mom June 21, 2009 11:45 AM  

I'm loving the photos as always... don't forget to place some in a fair...nudge nudge

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP