6.23.2009

Niagara Falls Day 2

Now onto Day 2 of our trip up to Niagara Falls. We spent Saturday in Niagara Falls State Park doing all the touristy fun stuff they offer:) We woke up and went over to our hotels continental breakfast and it was NASTY!! All they had was stale cereal with warm whole milk, untoasted bagels with cream cheese aleady on them, and old blueberry muffins:( Needless to say we didn't eat there the other 2 days of our trip!! Then we headed out to the falls.

It was a little cloudy when we first arrived and some of the attractions were closed due to Hilary Clinton visiting. So, we went to watch a movie about the history of the falls and the stories behind some of the more famous daredevils. One of the most amazing stories was about a 7 year old boy who was boating on the river with his family on the river. The motor ceased and they were sucked into the falls and went over. The boy survived!! Amazing story and I may have teared up a little, lol. He would be in his 50's now. Would love to hear his thoughts and memories on that day. They didn't come right out and say it, but his father died.

Once the Discovery Center opened we headed over there. It was a geological museum and had a lot of information about how the ridges formed that line the falls and river. Our favorite part was the cameras they had on the falls. You could zoom right up to people:)

at the Discovery Center

After this we headed over to the aquarium. Unfortunately I didn't get any good photos:( It was really dark and all my photos came out blurry! Even the flash didn't help. We did have fun watching a sea lion show. Lani was doing some dancing while we waited. I'll post the videos soon:)

Next we had some lunch and went back over to look at the falls again while waiting to go on Maid of the Mist. Michael took a good photo of me. I also was able to get a photo with all 3 falls in one shot.

Me

all

It started to warm up a bit so we headed down to get on the boat. We had do wear a blue rain poncho since you do get a little wet from the mist. The boat takes your right out into the mist made from the big Horseshoe falls, It's cold, wet, windy, and takes your breath away. It definitely is the best way to experience the falls though. Once again I have some videos to share of me trying to hide Lani from the mist.

Maid of the Mist

waiting

Another view

After this we went out to Cave of the Winds.This was crazy! Not only did we have to wear a yellow rain poncho, but we also had to wear some UGLY sandals:( I did snap a photo with my cell phone so I need to get it on here because they are classic! All the tourists from other countries thought they were totally cool and were wearing them all around the park, lol. Theses are the same tourists who were taking tons of photos and videos of the gulls that were nesting:)

One of the workers offered to snap this photo of us.

us

American Falls

This is a part where you can go up and it feels like you are in a hurricane. Lani and I skipped it, but Wesley and Michael went right up. Wes looks happy here, but he came down sobbing:( He started to lose control of his feet and it scared the you know what out of him. Poor guy! They both were soaked!!!

Wesley and Michael at the top

This is the part you also get pretty darn wet while walking up. You are walking right into the mist created by the American Falls. Lani just loved this part as you can imagine, lol.


By now we were totally exhausted and hungry for dinner.We headed over to the Hard Rock Cafe! We've never been into one before. Wesley was in heaven of course! He loved being surrounded by all those guitars and rock legends:) He was especially excited when there was an AC/DC video playing on their tv's!!

There was a live band playing outside, so after dinner Lani was grooving!


We headed back to the park since it was almost dark and there was going to be fireworks over the falls:) It was an amazing show!!Needless to say we all passed out pretty quickly that night....ZZZZZ!

7 people showing me love:

Monica June 23, 2009 11:48 AM  

WOW! Look at Lani go!!! Nice dancing!

It sounds like you guys had a very full 2nd day.

connie June 23, 2009 12:34 PM  

Love this re-cap~it looks like you guys had a blast! Those falls are a-m-a-z-i-n-g! That's such a CUTE video of Lani~look @ her go :)

Mama Skates June 23, 2009 1:35 PM  

that vid is too cute - shake that booty Lani!!! & fireworks over the falls? too cool!

Unknown June 23, 2009 6:02 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shanna Grimes June 23, 2009 11:23 PM  

Amazing pics! I feel like I'm there. That is too cute! She can really groove. I especially like the big finish, landing on her bootie ;)

Jennifer Suarez June 24, 2009 9:21 AM  

Amazing photos and what a cute video!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ July 09, 2009 4:46 PM  

We have been there.. good times!

Look at her shake that bumm of hers...too cute!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP