10.03.2008

Cycle of Life

Poor Wesley was traumatized yesterday afternoon while we were playing outside. Our kitty Chloe was walking down the driveway and had a red squirrel hanging out of her mouth. It was still alive and squirming around like crazy. I ran over trying to shoo Chloe since I had 4 toddlers plus Wesley just a few feet away. Of course my nosy boy came over to see what was going on. He saw the flippin' squirrel get away and Chloe pounce and take hold of it's already nasty looking head:( Wesley totally freaked, started screaming, crying and running to the front door. I felt soooo bad for him. We find Chloe's "gifts" all over the yard, but that's never bothered him. I guess seeing it live really scared him. Wesley was even worried about having nightmares, but thank goodness he didn't. Pook kiddo!!

:::

Onto something less yucky. What are your plans this weekend? Saturday we have my nieces (Leah) soccer game and birthday party. Michael's band is playing for an open house at a local pin striping and airbrush business. He is AMAZING and does awesome work. On Sunday we were going back here, but instead we are going up to my brothers house to see my baby niece, Aubrey. Jon is also driving his firetruck in a local parade so we will go to that also. Wesley is hoping he gets to ride in the truck as well. It's going to be busy, but FUN busy:) Hopefully I will be back on Sunday night or Monday with some adorable photos of my sweet neice.

9 people showing me love:

Donna October 03, 2008 1:50 PM  

poor boy=(

have a wonderful weekend!

Melissa October 03, 2008 3:16 PM  

I would have been traumatized too if I had seen that! poor kid. Have a great weekend guys!!

Mama Skates October 03, 2008 3:19 PM  

awww - that stinks! jaden hates when the girls kill bugs - he doesn't want anything to die! and i remember when the girls found a baby bird that must have fallen out of the nest...they were so sad!

Jenn October 03, 2008 3:26 PM  

Oh how horrible...

I'm having flashbacks of when I tried to save a squirrel that had been run over...and get what? I latched onto my finger and would not let go...it was half dead! Had to go thru the whole rabies shots thing...ugh!

I'll pray that he will have sweet dreams to continue.

We will be packing up our home. Moving in a couple of weeks. Our weekends are going to quite boring for a few weeks. =)

Blessings, jenn

Jenn October 03, 2008 3:26 PM  

Oh how horrible...

I'm having flashbacks of when I tried to save a squirrel that had been run over...and get what? I latched onto my finger and would not let go...it was half dead! Had to go thru the whole rabies shots thing...ugh!

I'll pray that he will have sweet dreams to continue.

We will be packing up our home. Moving in a couple of weeks. Our weekends are going to quite boring for a few weeks. =)

Blessings, jenn

SJINCO October 05, 2008 12:28 PM  

Oh the poor guy! I would have been upset too :(

But you are right, it IS the cycle of life. He'll learn that and understand that sometimes that's the way it goes!

Anonymous October 05, 2008 10:09 PM  

I have a fear about that sort of thing happening with Jenna. Or that I will accidentally hit an animal with my car when she's with me.
And seriously? I'm become blog-lazy and don't check them as much, but I can't believe how big your beautiful kids are getting!!!

Candi October 06, 2008 7:18 AM  

Awww, my boys would have done the same thing. Poor kid!

Jesser October 06, 2008 12:42 PM  

Oooh ICK. Poor kid ... the same thing happened to me a few years ago when I was house sitting for my uncle and it traumatized me even then. Blech.

Glad you had a nice weekend.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP