9.10.2008

Surprise!!

Last Saturday was supposed to be a day of chilling at home. We knew that hurricane Hanna was sending us some yucky weather so we didn't make any plans. Well, that was changed on Friday morning when I received an surprise email from Boston Mama's letting me know that I had won tickets to see that Alphabet Rockers in Arlington, MA (near Boston).

The Alphabet Rockers

The show was okay! It was a little overwhelming for Lani who was not into the loud hip hop music, but Wesley loved it:) If you have ever seen the show Hip Hop Harry, then you know what I am talking about. The two performers were not the ones mentioned on their website. I was bummed because it would have been cool to meet the drummer for one of my favorite bands when I was in high school. Basically it was two girls with a DJ singing hip hop songs about preschool learning topics. I don't think I will ever pay to go see them again.

After the show we were on our way home, but decided to take a detour. We ended up at Hampton Beach hoping to see some big waves from Hanna. There was a Seafood Festival going on so we ended up walking around there along with playing in the sand. The festival was full of vendors, crafters, and of course the best seafood in New England! YUMMY!! Michael had clam chowder while Wesley and I shared some corn chowder. We left when we heard someone say that the storm was only 15 minutes away. We made it to the car just as the downpours started!!

Lani and DaddyChowders


Lani and ILoving the beach

7 people showing me love:

BS September 10, 2008 7:30 PM  

I have been to that Beach !! and I sadly miss it and will probably never have the chance to go again.

Drea September 10, 2008 8:28 PM  

the 1st photo of lani and daddy is PRECIOUS!! !I love that and her hands gripping the sand.

Jessica September 10, 2008 9:17 PM  

The chowders look good!

Alos, someone else who knows 4 Non Blondes - I love the song to which you linked! I always have my car set to the 80's radio station. :)

Anonymous September 10, 2008 11:55 PM  

Okay, "hello"! I LOVE corn chowder!!! And clam chowder is yummy too!! So you'll have to definitely give me some "restaurant recommendations"!! And hopefully we won't hit "hurricane season"!

Mama Skates September 11, 2008 10:12 AM  

what fun!

"J" September 11, 2008 11:48 AM  

Sounds like a FUN glad yall got out of the house!!!

The food pics look YUM-O!!!!!!

FlipFlop Mom September 11, 2008 10:01 PM  

Girl.......... you bring your little gorgeous family up this way.. and I'll make you chowd"ahs" that will knock your socks off!!!
Great .. GREAT pictures!!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP