9.30.2008

Castle in the Clouds

I never posted about our trip to a trip we took to Castle in the Clouds with my Aunt Jean and cousin Crystal. They flew out from Illinois to spend a few days with us here. The "castle" was beautiful and is currently being restored. The view is even more amazing with the colorful mountains and Lake Winnepesaukee below. There was a trolley that took us from the parking area up to the actual house. We were able to walk through the house and see most of the original items used by the people who lived there. Only a few rooms were roped off which I loved. We were able to look into closets, drawers, etc! I wanted to take more photos of the inside but chasing a two year old through a huge house with many doors and hallways didn't make that possible:) After the tour we ate lunch out on the patio over looking the mountains.

Wesley on the trolleyCastle in the Clouds


We also went on a short walk out to a waterfall. There are several trails with in this property that we plan on taking advantage of next Summer. We didn't have Lani's backpack so we stuck to the short "kid friendly" trails. The castle is only an hour from us and we have NEVER been. I never knew about the trails or that the castle was actually open to the public.

FallsOn the mountain top

7 people showing me love:

Mrs. Stam September 30, 2008 8:22 AM  

Wow it look like a wonderful place!!!!

Donna September 30, 2008 9:03 AM  

How come NH is so beautiful?? I REALLY want to come out there, not sure if it is gonna happen though...Stupid AirBus...Id already have tickets and be coming int he next month or so....

Anonymous September 30, 2008 9:15 AM  

Wow - that's such a gorgeous place. You are so lucky to live nearby.

Anonymous September 30, 2008 11:02 AM  

That's such a lovely, peaceful looking place! Glad you all had a nice time :)

Jenn September 30, 2008 12:27 PM  

Breathtaking!!! I so enjoyed the photos...beautiful waterfall!!! Don't you just love the sound of a waterfall?

Thank you for sharing!

SJINCO September 30, 2008 12:56 PM  

What a beautiful castle, and waterfall! Looks like a place I'd enjoy too :)

Jessica October 01, 2008 8:56 AM  

I really can't help but to feel a little jealous - I'd love to be able to go someplace like that right now!!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP