7.09.2008

Yum....strawberries!!

This time of year finds us spending at least a few hours at a strawberry field picking (and eating) fresh strawberries. The California Strawberry Commission website is full of recipe ideas that I can use to make some delicious treats. I can smell the yummy shortcakes in the oven now just waiting to be smothered in whip cream and strawberries.

There is also a neat site called Stawberryville that has a cookbook, games, downloads and fun facts. Did you know that there are 200 seeds on the outside of a strawberry or that if you line up all the strawberries grown in California in a straight line that you could wrap it around the earth FIFTEEN TIMES! Head on over to learn more about the little red gems.

Yum, I think that I am off to the store! We need some ingredients for Strawberry Shortcake.

3 people showing me love:

FlipFlop Mom July 09, 2008 9:43 PM  

GASP!! this just reminded me I have to make 2 DOZEN strawberry shortcake biscuits for tomorrows farmers market... slapping forhead... UGH!!! but a promise is a promise I guess.. huh??

Melissa July 09, 2008 9:57 PM  

we just made strawberry shortcake last week- yummy!

Jessica July 10, 2008 8:54 PM  

I wish it was still strawberry season here! It's so hot now, our strawberry season is more in March. I hate getting the strawberries shipped in from CA, by the time they get here they're not that good.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP