5.31.2008

Blah

The YAZ birth control that I was put on is HORRIBLE:( I have felt so sick since starting it with no signs of a let up. Not to mention that I started my period only like 8 days in. I guess it's doing the job I wanted but this seems a little early. I was told by someone that they bled the whole time while on YAZ. I'm going to call the doctor on Monday to make sure that this is okay. The one positive is that I haven't had any of those awful PMS symptoms that I normally experience. No bloating, cramping, food cravings, zits, etc!!

4 people showing me love:

Anonymous May 31, 2008 11:47 AM  

It was probably me who talked about bleeding the entire time. Of course, I only took it for a couple of weeks, but yes, I bled the entire time.

Anonymous June 20, 2008 12:08 AM  

I know I am late on this... but see if you can try the nurvaring... I get a light period... not much cramping etc... it is low dose also... my doc likes his PCOS peeps on it because doesn't cause weight gain (for the most part) and it is low dose...

Anonymous September 10, 2008 12:51 AM  

Hello!

love your blog, just hate what its about -- meaning I HATE to hear people suffering with PCOS.

If I can be blunt, PLEASE be careful on the YAZ or any birth control pills. Studies have shown that they can actually worsen PCOS symptoms. Of course, you'll never hear the majority of dr's tell you that... they're still trying to push the pill on me despite me telling them no over & over. One of the main side affects of birth control pills is breakthrough bleeding and/or spotting. The Dr will most likely say the bleeding is "normal" or to be expected.
I've been going through this for over 7 years now, was diagnosed in 2001. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help, let me know, OK?

Have a blessed day,
Pamela

Anonymous October 24, 2008 1:07 PM  

I also have PCOS and had to take Metformin to conceive my 2 children. After I finished nursing my youngest child, I went on YAZ, not to prevent pregnancy (because I don't ovulate anyway), but to regulate periods (that I never get), clear up acne, control unwanted hair growth, etc. The YAZ did a great job clearing up my zits and regulating my periods. Everything was going great until about 6 months into it. I started having horrible PMS mood swings and some other more embarrassing symptoms (that I won't mention). I took it though for 7 months and didn't even have problems until 6 months. I think you really need to give it a chance to really know if it's right for you.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP