3.21.2008

Challenges

I love the holidays and getting together with family. For us it usually means some sort of meal at another family members house because ours is too small. I always stress my self out because of Lani's allergies to milk, eggs, and beef. She can have milk and eggs cooked into certain foods, but if you were to mix the scrambled eggs with a spatula than flip pancakes they are now contaminated and Lani can no longer eat them. I can't even imagine how hard it is going to be when she heads off to preschool. I just hope that she grows out of it by then.

9 people showing me love:

Candi March 22, 2008 12:05 AM  

Oh man! I have never envied a family that has to go through food allergies. I hope she grows out of it too, it would be a pain once in school. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Andrea March 22, 2008 12:07 AM  

Allergies are no fun! I was allergic to ANYTHING with ANY milk in it until I was about 14...then I finally outgrew it. So far Tate has only reacted to actual eggs (not eggs in stuff) - like scrambled eggs or boiled eggs...so we're just avoiding those until he's 2 and then we might try again...

Gina March 22, 2008 12:41 AM  

Relating!
Luke's school has been really open about the whole allergy thing. I think tons of kids are tending to have allergies these days so they are used to it. But yes, it would be easier, no doubt, if we didn't have to deal with them at all! Happy Easter!

Anonymous March 22, 2008 12:44 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trace March 22, 2008 5:31 AM  

I can imagine how hard it is and how much you worry!! I'm hearing of more and more kiddos with food allergies lately. :(

Take care and Happy Easter. :)

Trace

FlipFlop Mom March 22, 2008 7:57 AM  

I guess I didn't realize how much she was allergic to that stuff.. poor girly :( and MOMMY!! I do hope you have a GREAT EASTER!!
I get frustrated with family on this holiday... because my in-laws are HUGE Christians.. yet... don't do dinner with their family.. the one year I tried my mother in law WHINED!!! and WHINED!! So now.. I don't even ask anymore!! SAD!
Enjoy your time though!!!! and have FUN!!

Jessica March 22, 2008 8:27 AM  

I can only imagine the stress you must have with Lani's allergies! I know I get stressed when I'm going somewhere & I don't know if I'll have to turn right around & leave because of perfume or something but I think those situations are so much worse when it's our children.

I hope you still have a fabulous Easter!

Donna March 22, 2008 9:05 AM  

I have a friend allergic to nuts, and I know how hard it is to avoid contamination.

Hope all goes well.

Chastity March 22, 2008 7:32 PM  

If Lani doesn't grow out of her food allergies by the time she starts school,then you'll just pack her lunch and let her teachers know she's not allowed to have outside food. I did teach preschool for a while in college, and we were very cautious about kids' allergies....believe me, these schools don't want a lawsuit on their hands.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP