3.28.2008

Art Therapy

Lani woke up on the wrong side of her crib this morning. Man was she ever cranky and I was able to experience her first full fledge, throw yourself on the ground temper tantrum! YIKES!! None of my usual tricks worked so I tried a little "Art Therapy"!! You know what? It actually worked. Lani became calm and relaxed after painting this picture.

I also uploaded a not so exciting video of her painting at the bottom. Ellen is on a little too loud in the background. I must have turned it up so I could tune out one of her tantrums:) LOL!!

Art Therapy




Art Therapy from Wendy on Vimeo.


Is this the 400th post?

15 people showing me love:

AM March 28, 2008 1:57 PM  

I love videos. I am always so impressed/jealous/envious/etc when I see other moms letting their kids do these art projects. I get so wierd about messes. Emma gets COVERED in markers when I let her color (thank God I wised up and got her washable markers, come right off!) but she's still in the phase where she puts markers and crayons in her mouth! AHHH!! What a way to ruin them.

I definetly feel like Emma is missing out because I dont let her do these things.

Tell me, did you have the different colors set up in little bowls for her to dip her brush into, or how did you do it?

Now that we have the patio, I could always let her paint outside at her little plastic table and then hose her and the table off.

Deb March 28, 2008 2:26 PM  

Can't watch the video here at work, but I'll try to later at home. Love the colors in her painting though!

Andrea March 28, 2008 3:21 PM  

That sometimes works here too...making a craft or painting or something calms down Tate when he's super cranky...and actually, he sorta woke up (at 6am!) on the wrong side of the crib today too...but he helped me "clean" which is pretty much one of his favorite things to do, so that helped pass about 1/2 the morning!

I love her cute paintings!

Mason and Terri's Mom March 28, 2008 4:27 PM  

We Love LANI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chastity March 28, 2008 4:27 PM  

Beautiful artwork! She's a natural!!

Mason and Terri's Mom March 28, 2008 4:28 PM  

OH BTW....its 80 degrees here! AHHHH HAAAAAA naaanaa nah booo booo!!!

Anonymous March 28, 2008 5:03 PM  

Art therapy is a miracle worker! We tend to go with play-doh around here. Also, I envy that you get to watch Ellen. I love her, but the show is on when I have to pick up my oldest at school, and usually I miss the whole thing.

~ Amy @ Memoirs of a Mommy

Erin March 28, 2008 5:11 PM  

Beautiful! I love how she stops and looks like she's contemplating where to add more color on the picture :) I wish Hailey had that patience.

SJINCO March 28, 2008 5:53 PM  

Gotta love tantrums that are THAT BAD :) Glad the art therapy worked!


And I LOVE ELLEN!

Donna March 28, 2008 6:47 PM  

I have pictures and videos of Merci's first tantrum (over a toothbrush...hahaha).

We laughed so hard at her, maybe that is why she was so upset!

E loves to paint, he sits for hours,
and always has an elaborate story about what this painting is, so cute!!

Laura March 28, 2008 8:20 PM  

VERY cute! :)
Did I mention I love her hair?

Neat how she stopped painting on her highchair until you said that it was okay.

BS March 28, 2008 8:24 PM  

Great Artwork !!

suzspeaks March 29, 2008 8:14 AM  

She is SO adorable! Art therapy is the best...I feel like we may need some today!

FlipFlop Mom March 29, 2008 6:03 PM  

SHE's A LEFTY.. She's a LEFTY.. woo hoo!!!!! She's so adorable!!!

Jesser March 31, 2008 11:50 AM  

Aww... too cute. I have been thinking of getting T more involved with art stuff, but I think we're a bit off yet ... looks like a lot of fun though!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP