2.04.2008

Poked and Prodded

I went and had my blood drawn today for a number of tests related to my PCOS. I am insulin resistant and this is one reason why it is so difficult for me to lose weight with a normal diet. I carry it all right in my middle which is very common for women with PCOS and pre-diabetes. Once the results come back I hope to be put back on metformin, which helps to regulate my blood sugar, which results in easier weight loss. I was on metformin while trying to conceive Lani and I lost 10 pounds in the first two weeks!

GAH! All the medical mumbo jumbo makes my head spin. There are so many facets to PCOS and it can be confusing because no woman has the exact same symptoms. I have a blog that is specifically geared towards my PCOS and write more about it over there. I will try to only stick to the weight loss aspect of it here.

1 people showing me love:

Anonymous February 05, 2008 8:07 PM  

ahhh I'm pre-diabetic too!!! I had diabetes with both Katie and Austyn.. and now have to becareful with what I eat.. ( HA HA HA lately!!!).. I need to peek at this blog everyday.. and contribute!!! Austyn is going to a dietician on Friday!! Of course.. the majority of it will be for me!! I'm sure!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP