1.21.2008

Pahking is WICKED expensive in Bahston!!!

We ventured in to Boston today and visited the New Engla.nd Aquar.ium. This ends up being a very expensive day trip, so we don't go here very often. (There are many other Boston destinations that end up being much cheaper) This aquari.um almost had to close a few years ago so they HIKED the prices up and charge a BUTTLOAD for parking....$32.00 worth!! If it wasn't so dang cold we would have parked somewhere else and walked.

The kiddos LOVED it and no matter how many times we have been, the fishies amaze me:) Especially DORIE, NEMO, and the jellyfish. I took some okay photos, but really they are beautiful. The aquar.ium was busy, but not overly crowded which was nice and kind of unexpected since it was a holiday today. We spent most of our time walking around the huge tank in the middle. There are sooo many different types of fish in there. It is hard to get photos because they are always on the move.

After the fun was done we decided to drive around Boston and sight see:) Michael doesn't mind driving in the craziness and really knows his way around. I tried to get some photos for my non New England bloggers, but it's not easy to just pull over and snap away. I am excited to go back this Summer so that I can walk around and snap some photos for you all. I love all the old historical buildings, especially near Bea.con Hill and the common. I wish we had brought some warmer clothes because their was a nice ice skating rink in Boston Comm.on that would have been so much fun. Next time:)

Enjoy the slide show and just put mouse over the photo to read the caption:)

15 people showing me love:

Kim January 21, 2008 9:24 PM  

Oh we went there last April and Noah LOVED the Jellyfish. We went to the aquarium in Baltimore this weekend and Noah spotted a few Dori and Nemo's also! Cute pictures!

Donna January 21, 2008 10:09 PM  

The pictures look really good!

We don't have a nice aquarium in our town ( I am stealing E's word!), or near that I know of. How fun!

Anonymous January 21, 2008 10:43 PM  

Ouch that is expensive!!! The photos are awesome! Glad you guys had fun!

Laura January 21, 2008 10:51 PM  

Neat that there's a place we've both been to! We took Darren's parents there when they visited a while back. Deeder loved the penguins best.

Andrea January 21, 2008 10:52 PM  

Wow...that is expensive parking!! Yikes! :) But at least you had a great time!! I wish there was something like that around here to take Tate too...oh well.

SJINCO January 21, 2008 11:13 PM  

Love the photos! I absolutely love visiting aquariums! And really, $32 for parking? I think I died when I read that.

Jessica January 22, 2008 10:11 AM  

Can you just feel the jealousy burning inside of me??? lol

Sounds like a fun time!

FlipFlop Mom January 22, 2008 11:18 AM  

That is a FUN place isn't it.. I hadn't realized the parking was so expensive now.. :( CRAZY!!! I love the museum of science too!!!!! I think the pictures are FABULOUS GIRL!!

Old Navy.. none around here unless I went to Concord.. and it's FAREEZING!!!!!!! and when I DO go.. I'm letting you know!! LOL LOL!!

kristie January 22, 2008 12:52 PM  

i love that aquarium - that big tank is really neat. my favorite thing is the penquins though. wow, that's some wicked expensive pahking.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ January 22, 2008 1:56 PM  

Isn;t that place great! Brad goes Crazy going there between the drive getting there and how much everything costs...I hope you had better luck getting out of the parking garage than we did! The gate was broken and we were stuck in the parking garage for a long ass time in 20 below weather last winter....
Gotta Love the Pahking in Bahston! Sorry I missed our visit on Sunday...believe me you wouldn't of wanted me there LOL!

suzspeaks January 22, 2008 8:50 PM  

Sound like a great day!!!

BS January 22, 2008 11:34 PM  

I get such a kick out of the accent up there in New England !! Boston is unique - makes me miss hearing my friend John talk - he says WICKED all the time.

BS January 22, 2008 11:37 PM  

Almost forgot!! The parking in DC is expensive but NOT THAT MUCH. The aquarium looks great - have only been to the one in Baltimore.

Sara January 23, 2008 6:00 PM  

I love Boston. I guess I've only been once but I really enjoyed it. My mom went to school there so I feel like I know it better than I actually do.

Erin January 25, 2008 12:12 PM  

What are you talking about "I got some okay pictures", they are absolutely wonderful!!! I wish we had somewhere like that around here!!

And 32$ for parking?? WOW that is crazy.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP