5.07.2008

16 years

Dear Daddy,

It's been 16 years since I lost you to cancer after just getting you back. It was hard not having a Daddy while I was growing up, but I feel so blessed that I was able to spend so much time with you before you passed away. Those two weeks were so important and mean more to me than you can imagine. You were bed ridden and in so much pain but you hung on! You waited until you knew that I was okay. That is a wonderful gift....

I love you and am comforted in the fact that you are watching over me and my family.

Love,
Wendy

10 people showing me love:

Donna May 07, 2008 9:13 AM  

Hope your day brings lots of smiles from the memories you shared. Even though maybe just a few. He is watching over you.

Anonymous May 07, 2008 9:15 AM  

That made me cry....
16 years. Damn.

It is going on 3 years for me. I cannot imagine hitting the 16 year mark.

I do hope the memories bring smiles today...

Anonymous May 07, 2008 10:01 AM  

I am SO very sorry for the loss of your father. :(

AM May 07, 2008 10:44 AM  

That is wonderful that you got to see him before he passed on.

Chastity May 07, 2008 11:20 AM  

I'm so sorry you lost your dad; I really am. At the same time, I'm so glad you rekindled your relationship and created some lasting memories with him before he passed.

Melissa May 07, 2008 2:15 PM  

So sorry for your loss! Prayers are with you today!

Jesser May 07, 2008 10:34 PM  

Lovely thought to have him watching over you and your family.

Anonymous May 08, 2008 12:53 AM  

My condolences Wendy....it doesn't get any easier, does it? Just rest in the fact that he's in a good place.

dawn224 May 08, 2008 8:21 PM  

It's been 40 days for me. I hope I no longer flinch when the phone rings when it's 16 years.

I hope your day was good, gentle and peaceful.

SJINCO May 09, 2008 4:08 PM  

My condolences.....

Just think about all the memories. May you have peace.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP